Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #1

Glorious Friday

Morning all, it's a lovely day but unfortunately I am on a train to London for a meeting about some work. Oh well, shouldn't complain and I won't be late home so can enjoy a cheeky Friday beer in the garden!
Hope all are well?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
16-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #2

Re: Glorious Friday

Morning cs hope your meeting goes well and you manage to get your beer

We might be going to the cinema tonight as barney is doing well in his crate. Also big difference after the first trainer visit on Wednesday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #3

Morning CS and Pamela - yes, glorious weather here too. Unsettled house just now as I have a plumber in putting in a new radiator, so cats have scarpered and dogs are shut in the lounge, hopefully asleep. OH has gone off for a golf lesson .......... do all men do that, absent themselves when things are not normal routine??? Hopefully peace will come back in a little while. Had to be done, old radiator was starting to leak.

Hope your day is tranquil folks ..........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #4

Good afternoon ladies
Did my usual Friday morning task of getting Ceri ready for stroke club and then I went off to Matalan for a quick look for shirts for him. He needs short sleeved ones now for summer, got a couple for him, also a few tops for myself.

Pandora has given me TWO 'presents' already today, same as before, little sparrows- I despair .

It's clouded over but still warm here this afternoon, I'm going to dig out some weeds around the patio and driveway, they are growing like mad, then when we come back from Babbacombe next week I'm going to plant up the containers. I have one hanging basket out which needs water and i must impress on my niece to water it when we are away.

I'm taking Ceri and my parents on a coach trip next Monday - Friday to the Anchorage Hotel in Babbacombe in Torbay, it will be a nice break. The hotel has wifi so I'll be checking in on my iPad.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
16-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #5

Good morning everyone.It's 3am saturday morning here and I've just woken up. didn't go to work Friday as I hadn't been feeling well. Went to doctor to discover I have shingles.. the pain is terrible. i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. have antiviral medication and strong pain relief, but oh gosh, it hurts. Anyway, enough of me moaning.That beer sounds jolly good cats' staff.Pamela, enjoy your movie tonight. Glad Barney is settling down for you.Angieh, my late husband was exactly like yours - disappearing when routine changed. I guess men are creatures of habit. Hope peace is now restored and cats ( and OH) have returned. Enjoy that lovely weather everyone.I'll crawl back to bed now and try and get some sleep.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
16-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #6

And Posh Puss, you sound as if you are having a busy day, along with Pandora. Hope all your gardening is going well. You'll be looking forward to your week at Torbay. It's always nice to get away somewhere.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #7

Oh dear dinky - sorry to hear about your shingles. Not suffered myself but I do understand they are very painful. Hope you manage to get some sleep and that the meds work for you.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
16-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #8

Afternoon. Having trouble with our internet connection. Friends of ours are having trouble too. Keeps disappearing for no reason. Driving me mad. Enjoy your break PP and your beer CS. Good about Barney and the crate Pamela.

Hate having people in the house Angie, the cats get very upset and the dogs try to eat them. When we had central heating replaced last year OH had to take the dogs out altogether. Fecto especially hates strangers, he just disappears for the duration.

I've had shhingles Dinky, it is extremely painful. It's just a matter of waiting for them to go I'm afraid. If I get too stressed they come back, although not as bad as the first time. I had it on the sciatic nerve line which meant I couldn't sit down very well or drive. I have every sympathy with you, I hope you get better really soon.

Lovely day here, not done much though except go to a meeting, biy of shopping and finish my Mum's card. OH up quite early and took dogs for a very long walk so he's having a nap now. Got to clean the car in and out for trip to Mum's. It's like a mobile kennel at the moment!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #9

Oh poor you Dinky, Shingles is an awful pain and leaves you quite debilitated. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope the anti-v's kick in fast.