Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 2
30-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #1

What are these colours of kittens??

The kittens are 10days old, I know one is a Tortie but im unsure what the other 4 are.
The 1st picture is off all 5 kittens

These 3 have the lighter markings on the face, (compared with the top photo these are the kittens on the left and 2 on the right of 1st pic)

These are the 2 darkest ones, they are in the middle of the top photo

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #2

Re: What are these colours of kittens??

What wee adorable poppets! The dark ones look to me to be dark tabby or even torbie (tortoiseshell/tabby), but you may find that their stripes disappear as they get older and they may become to the eye at least, a solid black. My Smudge (b&w) years ago had three little tabby kits that all turned out to be b&w just like her!

I have to say I am no expert and cat genetics is tricky! Try Googling, you will find more information if you are interested.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdolls
30-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #3

Aw what a relief they've arrived safely. How is Tinker doing? Sounds like she coped with the birth fantastically. The two kittens on the bottom picture look like they may black and a few of them look like they may have a bit of ginger going through them too. Lovely!

30-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #4

Tinker is fine shes been great, shes just started to ask to leave the room, shes been to say hi to the other cat but have made sure she doesnt go into the kittens which shes not even made an attempt to get upstairs anyway. Tinker is fine with me handling the kittens and will check they are ok once they are back in the bed. I couldnt of asked for a better mum so far.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #5

Are you keeping Tinker indoors? I believe cats can come into season again very quickly after kittening and whilst still feeding the babies. How soon after having them (and they are very cute) will your vet spay her?

31-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #6

Hi yes she's staying in the house when she does leave the bedroom all doors and windows are closed so she can only get into the kitchen and hall way.

The vets have said to wait until she's weaned the kittens as she will be sore. If she only had 1 or 2 kittens then would of possibly done her sooner.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
01-08-2012, 04:16 AM   #7

Pretty babies! Be interesting to see how they change as the weeks go by. What colour is mum?

01-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #8

mum is a black tortie, i will try and get a pic of her later and put it up, one of the boys look like they have stripy back legs they are all very cute.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdolls
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #9

Looking forward to photos and pleased everything is going ok x