Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #1

Warm Wednesday

Well it's warm in Hampshire anyway!

How is everyone today? I hope all's well, it's not often that a daily thread hasn't been started before now!

RA consultant appointment today, poor news about my blood tests liver enzymes are up so I have to stop the Methotrexate for 2 weeks and have another test then to see if things have stabilised. I think the main problem might be that I've been "sharing" the wine a bit too generously lately, so I have to forego the booze too! I also need an injection in a finger joint and I have been told off (in the gentlest way) for not doing my physio exercises! Ah well, it's my own fault, got to try harder!

Enjoy the rest of today!

How's Kazz? anyone know?????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #2

Re: Warm Wednesday

Hello Hampshire - Berkshire calling! Sorry you're feeling sore MrsH . . . keeping off the wine might be a nuisance but if it makes you feel better hopefully it'll be worth it!

Warm and sunny here too. I've been glued to my PC as I have lots of copy to write both for external client and for our own marketing efforts.

We have had to confine Balie to the utility area because of his toiletting habits. It's quite a large, warm area and he's got his litter tray, water and food there + his towel for sleeping on. I'm not overly happy about the arrangement but his pooing was getting overwhelming. Still, it doesn't seem to bother him too much, to be honest I'm not sure if he's aware of where he is.

Down to the allotment on the way home; just to check everything is as it should be and maybe quickly plant up my runner beans so they can use the warm weather to germinate quickly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #3

Hi MrsH, Yola. Anything but warm here: the rain has stopped at last but it's cloudy, dank with an East wind and only 13 C (56 F), way way below seasonal norms. Ugh. But sun tomorrow! To the market as I'd skipped the two previous rainy days.

Poor Bailie, he does sound as it may be feline dementia, sadly... Hope you'll be feeling better soon MrsH, and can enjoy a nice glass or two of wine.

Quiz tonight at 8 pm ... do come, all welcome.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #4

Hi all - 16c here but quite still and overcast. Home alone (hurrah).

No idea what to eat tonight. Don't feel too good and I have been having a fridge/freezer/store cupboard clearout which has been great but the downside is I seem to have problems putting a meal together for tonight.

Anyway - off to browse a bit - see you at the quiz at 8pm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #5

Evening all.

Bit of a health update here it is....
Stitches came out fine after Doc review....she said they need to come out 17 days and one had a small amount of discharge...which started a slight problem, ie when removing the stitch the "scab" came with it...leaving a wet bit underneath but rest of stitches came out fine although they did offer me gas and air as really tight and been in a while but did not need it.....pain threshold again. Have to put this to less invasive testing.
Came back from the GP nurse at 1pm today ... now have a sillicon dressing over the part of wound that is wet....as apparently wet open wounds attract bugs.... has to stay on till it dries...rest of wound is healing lovely...bit scabby due to the issues but healing good back to nurse next Tuesday unless anything goes amiss still taking antibiotics. Which are really strong....well I think they are but as long as they work I don't mind.
Feel okay actually.........for all this I figure I have come out of it with no adverse effects....no pain, no discomfort, no trouble with internal stitches, nothing other than the sickness trouble and the wound opening....then being restitched...sure lots of people have worse. So nothing to complain about.

Yola that sounds a good idea about Balie, but not a long term solution especially if you do not think he has any idea he is doing it.

Mrs H Isn't it worrying and concerning when you have to do things to get results.....I assume you will be doing the physio now.....

DM I will try and get to the quiz these AB's are kicking in but will try.

CM Hope you have found enough food to sustain you through the quiz.

Have a nice evening all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #6

Hi all - quick pop head over the fence to say I'm here. Had a really busy and good day. Gym, an art exhib that my neighbour has work in, a bit of shopping - another rotisserie chicken - then home and some gardening before salad supper with said chicken. Glass of wine and ready for the quiz ......

(I've got some expresso truffles to keep me awake and to quell this chocolate urge that's upon me atm.)

Sorry about your results MrsH. Isn't it horrible when you have to give up things you enjoy just so your blood results are OK. I think I'd keep with the wine!