Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
14-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #1

If you could wish for anything

If you could wish for anything in the world at all, what one thing would you wish for?

I'd wish for all rescue cats to be in loving homes within a day

Forgot to say: and your wish would come true

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #2

Re: If you could wish for anything

You are far more altruistic than I am, RCR! I'd wish for a fairy godmother who would give me a large sum of money to get a new Mac, provide me with a consultant who would set it up, transfer all my passwords and bookmarks to the new one, get one of those things that would transfer all my iPhoto pics to it, then .....

find someone who would set up an iPod with speakers for me and put
all my favorites on it and show me how to operate it!

Since that's unlikely, may I wish instead for the oil spill in the Gulf to be contained so no more wildlife and marshy areas are contaminated?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
14-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #3

You may wish for anything you like DM

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
15-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
You are far more altruistic than I am, RCR! I'd wish for a fairy godmother who would give me a large sum of money to get a new Mac, provide me with a consultant who would set it up, transfer all my passwords and bookmarks to the new one, get one of those things that would transfer all my iPhoto pics to it, then .....

find someone who would set up an iPod with speakers for me and put
all my favorites on it and show me how to operate it!

Since that's unlikely, may I wish instead for the oil spill in the Gulf to be contained so no more wildlife and marshy areas are contaminated?

lol Eilenn... someone must have been reading your mind.. when you purchase a new mac.. you can pay a small fee for a "one to one" membership...
you take in your old mac and they transfer any information (photos/files/bookmarks etc etc from it to your new mac..

also if you buy an extend warranty you get 3 year worth of phone tutoring .. talking you through any issues you have with ipod/iphone/mac etc..

they also have free workshops at mac stores as well for mac products

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #5

Thanks for that, Jo!! Unfortunately the Apple Store is way out in the suburbs (the Washington store hasn't opened yet), the old desktop must weigh 30 pounds, no way I could lug that out to the boondocks on the bus! Will keep that in mind when the Georgetown store finally opens. I did have the warranty on this one, very helpful except for the few times I got a tech in India with an undecipherable accent

Good to see you back, have wondered how you were doing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
17-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #6

Good question RCR It may sound like a weird wish but you said anything...

I would wish for a change in the hearts of people. To care more, to help more, to not see money as the most important thing in life, etc... Not everyone needs to change but there are many people who need an overhaul. Real change in the world starts with people willing to change themselves. I just wish people cared more about others.