Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #11

Re: Most Popular cat/dog names

A lot of distinctive names here: Chancer, Tiggles, Kizzy, Izzy, Toffee, Cloud, just to name the first that come to mind.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
17-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #12

Just looking at that list - remember I considered calling Izzi and breagh, Rosie and Ruby - so pleased now that they are a bit more unique.

Leia is pretty unique too DM

Catsey Veteran

17-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #13

I can't take credit for that, she was already named when I rehomed her at 5 months ... and she knew her name, so ........

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
19-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #14

i have bella the cat ( i let a neighbours kid name her, and she was named after the character in the tweenies) i dont have any of the others though dog, cat or rat names

my animals are

Cats:
Bella
Trouble
Strife
Magic

Rats:
Jess
Riz
Robyn
Jude

Dogs:
Ty
Xeva

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I can't take credit for that, she was already named when I rehomed her at 5 months ... and she knew her name, so ........
I know you probably wouldn't have chosen Leia as her name, but having been an original Star Wars fan, I think Princess Leia is a great name and certainly seems to suit HRH!

(Just btw - I now have met a Mini Schnauzer called "Wookie" - her owner didn't name her and had no idea what a Wookie was ....... seems to suit her too!)

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I know you probably wouldn't have chosen Leia as her name, but having been an original Star Wars fan, I think Princess Leia is a great name and certainly seems to suit HRH!

(Just btw - I now have met a Mini Schnauzer called "Wookie" - her owner didn't name her and had no idea what a Wookie was ....... seems to suit her too!)
LOL, I've never seen the movie but knew what a wookie is! Leia was supposed to be a boy cat named Taz ... short for Tasmanian Devil; long story.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #17

not suprised my dog and cat names arent in the top ten... i like unusual names for my animals

my cats are called myrtle and ezmerelda (ezzy for short)

and the dogs are daphni and asbo

Catsey Veteran

23-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #18

See, more unusual names; we cat people here have wonderful imaginative names indeed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
LOL, I've never seen the movie but knew what a wookie is! Leia was supposed to be a boy cat named Taz ... short for Tasmanian Devil; long story.
Do tell!!!!

Catsey Veteran

23-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #20

My dear friend Nora, may she rest in peace, is the one who talked me into taking Leia. Her daughter Peggy lived in the country where it was common to let the cats outside as they weren't too near a road and the traffic wasn't that heavy. Nora's little grandon, JR, had his Mom and Grandma's love of animals, and had his very own young cat, Taz. So, Taz was unfortunately the victim of a RTA; JR was just desolated and cried and cried wanting to know why God had taken his beloved pet .... hard to explain that sort of thing to a little boy ... well, hard to explain God's will to an adult, but I digress! Anyhow, I promised JR my next cat would be a boy cat and named Taz for him.

Then, one of Nora's employees had to vacate her apartment due to flooding and the only place they could find didn't allow pets; so of course Nora took Leia and Snowball in until they could be rehomed.. And took one look at the Princess who looked so incredibly like my late Misty ... blue torbies aren't that common! ... that she called me and said "I have your cat!" I tried to argue I was waiting for a boy, but Nora sent me a pic of baby Leia .... and that was that.

Long story, but you asked for it.....