Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Raggie X boy
27-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #31

Re: Harnesses....

Hi,
I have my 14 week kitten going out daily (garden) in a harness and he doesn't even notice it anymore, but just wanders around the garden. The reason I decided to get him a harness is because he looks quite scared of the birds from inside so the vet reccommended getting him used to it before he goes out alone.

Cats owned: Two moggies
02-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #32

I take one of my cats out on a harness just round our garden only. He was an indoor/outdoor cat for six years but due to him going missing just before Christmas 2010 and turning up in the early hours of the morning absolutely terrified, we chose to keep him in and only let him out on the harness. He has taken to it very well and is just like a dog when I pick up the harness and say "Walk!"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #33

ive tried harris with a harness on and he didnt like it before we even got outside so i didnt continue it with him, didnt want to stress him out. Never tried it with skye though

Cats owned: Two moggies
11-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
ive tried harris with a harness on and he didnt like it before we even got outside so i didnt continue it with him, didnt want to stress him out. Never tried it with skye though
No my other cat Storm freaked out when he was 'grounded' by the vet for 2 weeks. I attempted it to get him outside for some fresh air but he couldn't work out what the hell he was attached too!