Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #1

Murphy update...

Got this email this morning from Liz

Hi Pat

I though I'd give you wee update on how things are here. Louis has settled in without any problems! My two cats started off having a growl if he came near them but have never fought with him and vice versa. Now they can all sleep in the livingroom together - Louis was even sleeping on my bed at the same time as Ria! My other cat Claudia was probably my biggest worry because she can be quite huffy but even she has accepted him being here and hasn't huffed or given him any problems. My dog Poppy has never been a problem. She's got a gorgeous nature so I knew she'd accept him.

I can't believe we've had him for a week. He fits in so well and is definitely part of the family now. He had my stairs mastered on his second day here which is great because I was worried he might fall down them if he was here on his own. I can honestly say that even I'm amazed at how easily he's settled in her and how easily my pets have accepted this - and I've had no signs of him spraying! He is very smelly though so I've changed his litter to the wooden pellets which lets off a pine scent when he uses his tray and this has helped alot!

And it's not just me that's delighted to have him - Jim and the kids love him to bits. Mind you, I never had a doubt about that because he's the cuddliest cat ever and they love that. Strangely enough, he's really taken to Jim and Jamie and will especially hunt out Jim's knee to sleep on. I'm a bit jealous because I thought he'd be my cat lol. In fact he's purring away on Jim's knee as I'm typing this.

I've attached a few photo's of him with my son Jamie and will email you in a couple of weeks with another update and some more photos!

Thanks again Pat for trusting me enough to let us have him for our pet - he's gorgeous and it certainly feels like he belongs here.

P.S. I've registered him with my vet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #2

Re: Murphy update...

How wonderful!! I am so pleased that gorgeous boy has such a fab home. Well done Pat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #3

That's such a lovely email Moli. I am glad Murphy/Louis has settled into his new home so well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
14-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #4

So pleased he has settled in a new and loving home.

CM

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #5

So pleased to hear he has settled in so well and the other pets have accepted him too...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #6

Liz only told me about 1 cat. but have just realised, all my cats are boys and Murphy was prone to spraying here unless I managed to catch him, her cats are girls and he does not spray at all...Sounds like he has found the perfect home...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #7

What happy news, thanks for sharing that. He's found a forever home......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #8

What a wonderful update, I am so pleased for him xxx