Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
07-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #1

rescue cats update

Hello everyone - thought I'd better say hi as I haven't posted much lately.

Still doing lots of CP stuff. The rehoming officer (who did most of the running around for the branch) decided to resign whilst I was on holiday! And has had no contact with anyone since. Which means me & the co-ordinator have been running around & had some loose ends to tie-up which is why I haven't had much time for Catsey.

The rehoming has suddenly picked up & we have a few cats reserved now - which is great.

I have got 2 youngsters with me (5 months old) brother / sister that have been in the branch since birth. (only been with me a few days though) they are B&W and very friendly.

I have also taken a call today from one of the fosterers who found a kitten on Friday when walking home from school. I'm told the kitten is 10 wks & is a black female. She may be coming to stay here for a while. I'm waiting for the lady to call me back.

That's about it from here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #2

Re: rescue cats update

Good to hear from you Smudgley.....sounds like you are still as busy....pictures???

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #3

Hi Smudgley - looks like your CP Rehoming officer left you all in the lurch, not very considerate of her with no explanation..

Glad to hear the rehoming has picked up ......what a shame it's always an ongoing thing though.. Will people ever learn?

Hope your 3 furries (& doggy!) and all well...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
07-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #4

she had her reasons - which I understand (clash of personalities with another committee member) but I always got on well with her & am a little annoyed that she hasn't called me with an update on who's got what cats / waiting lists / etc. I've had to find out all of that for myself.

My cats are good thanks & the dog is too. Chickens are fine & we may be getting some ducks.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
she had her reasons - which I understand (clash of personalities with another committee member) but I always got on well with her & am a little annoyed that she hasn't called me with an update on who's got what cats / waiting lists / etc. I've had to find out all of that for myself.

My cats are good thanks & the dog is too. Chickens are aslo fine & we may be getting some ducks.
Quackers!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #6

Don't mention ducks!! My two would love some, but we're sticking with the 5 chooks for now lol.

We're having a clash of personalitites within our branch at the moment as well, doesnt make for calm environments. Pity those two have been in so long, fingers crossed they find a home soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #7

Pleased to hear that the rehoming is picking up, hope the two B?W kitties find a forever home soon xxx
Good luck with the ducks