Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #11

Re: sooty and sweep are home again safe and sound

I am glad to read that they are home, I hadnt realised they were intact. I echo every one elses feeling on this subject, especially Farthings.
Please do have their nuts chopped, not only will it help them and you but will also help prevent the increase of over population and the risk of disease.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #12

Yes, FIV is what my old ex-stray had too; pretty much the same scenario to Farthing's cat - mine was castrated late in life after a life on the tiles.

It weakened his immune system to the point where he couldn't come through a basic dental without heart failure

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2,black domestic,s male,s
wooly wonka is Male
27-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #13

my dear cat friend's
thank you all so much for your advise.....

i want to do the right thing by my boy's i.ve also heard that having them let's say..... having their right's taken away from them..... can also increse the risk of cancer is this true ?
.. As ever i am truly endeted to your vast exspiereance in the cat world and relish your answers to my question ?

although it makes sence what you so rightly say ... i could not imagine inflicting such a devistating blow to my
boy's as the big (c) ...

regard's ian sooty sweep xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #14

I have always been told that by keeping them intact gives a higher risk of testicular and prostrate cancers.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
27-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #15

Hi, I don't know for certain about cats, but I'm sure they are the same as dogs. With dogs the risk of prostrate cancer is unchanged or slightly higher in entire males, this however is easily cured by castration.
Testicular cancer and other prostrate problems are greatly increased in entire males, as well as the risk of being run over, wandering and getting lost and catching viruses and suffering abscesses from fighting.
Hope this helps.