Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #11

Re: Murphy's story....

I am just wondering if by the previous owners shutting him in the cupboard may have anything to do with his blindness? You know, a sort of pit pony syndrome thing? If he was locked in a dark cupboard for long perioids over the years, I say that but it may not have been like that at alll, surely that would affect his eye sight?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #12

Just had a thought Moli ........ if the owner's vet won't tell you anything about him, couldn't your vet contact them and request his medical details so that they know his history and how to treat him?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Just had a thought Moli ........ if the owner's vet won't tell you anything about him, couldn't your vet contact them and request his medical details so that they know his history and how to treat him?
Good thinking batman

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
17-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #14

OMG - that's so awful Poor, poor Murphy.

Some people do make me so angry and upset. How anyone could treat another living thing like that is beyond me

I'm so pleased that he's improving so well and so quickly, Pat. It sounds as though he's really coming out of himself. Well done to you and your family.

Give him a gentle hug from me. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #15

I don't dare say what I think about those horrible people, may they come back as cockroaches! Poor Murphy, it's a wonder he has been able to trust humans at all! Bless you, Moli, for what you've done for him to turn his life around.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
He is not being treated by my vet Mags, the CP use the same vet as the owner, he has been to them twice, and it took a bit of detective work by the cordinator to find his owners....
I tend to think maybe he has been blind quite a while though...

I too cried when I heard about him, now I am just B****y angry....no animal deserves that!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #17

How can you lock a cat in a cupboard....................por lad....no wonder he loves it at yours so much and why his points were not dark no different enviromental/heat changes...static heat in the cupboard so his body would not have to compensate for colder/warmer....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
18-07-2008, 05:49 AM   #18

Just beggars belief that someone could just lock a cat in a cupboard With so much help available with rehoming etc, there is just no excuse at all. Poor, poor boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
18-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #19

Hugs from me and my lot here Moli, I hope if he cannot stay with you, you find him a loving caring home, perhaps he will stay? x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
18-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #20

Give Murphy a big hug from me he sounds such a nice boy. He now has the chance now that he didnt have before.

jane