Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
29-11-2005, 12:17 AM   #11

Re: When does Christmas start for you?

well i got most things, cards (not done yet) kids big items, only bits and bobs left to get
i put the decs up about the second week of Dec and tree as well but i may put that off a few more days this year as i can see Ozzie brining it down a few times.
im really not 1 for xmas i do it just for the kids

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
29-11-2005, 10:11 AM   #12

This year my husband asked me if we could get all the pressies early & get really organised this year so that when we break up from work we can just relax and enjoy. we both have a nice long break (although I will be on call - but hopefully won't get many calls) so I was all up for his idea.
I went Christmas shopping last Saturday with my friend - we literally got there when the shops opened & stayed till they closed. I got loads of pressies. On the Sunday I wrapped them all & stored them away from the children! I felt so "Christmassy" after that - me & the girls wanted to put the tree up - hubby wasn't keen - so when he was bathing one of the girls - me & my other daughter "popped it up" We have a kitten here & Katie kitten thinks it's great - up the tree she goes!

So my tree is up

My Christmas shopping is half done / all wrapped

Now we have snow - it really feels like Christmas too.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-11-2005, 10:20 AM   #13

Well done Smudgley....1st Catpager to put their tree up!

You sure are organised in your house!!
Just want a pic of it now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #14

That sounds great Smudgely
I think we're all a bit guilty of just 'doing too much' and not enjoying it enough. There is always a percentage of people who can't enjoy the day because they are absolutely full of cold and I think that's partly because of the stress and 'having to do things wonderfully' etc of the weeks before.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
29-11-2005, 10:26 AM   #15

I love Christmas & as we are always so busy - I just thought right! While we've got a bit of spare time - lets do it & we did
It looks lovely - we have got another smaller tree which we will put up in the hall - not done that yet, also got loads of lights to go up outside - hubby was off yesterday & was going to do that - but ended up spending the day bringing in some cats! & going food shopping