Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #1

When does Christmas start for you?

Well, this seems a topical question!

I don't do any decorating/present wrapping etc until after 6 Dec. This is sort of historic because it's Katie's birthday. Being lumbered with a xmas day birthday myself I know how it can get 'lost' - so when Katie was little we always ensured her day was over before xmas began.

However, going back even further than that, OH and I look at each other, raise our glasses and say 'yup, it's really the christmas season now' on the Sunday thet the BBC broadcasts the Sports Personality of the Year . Just a family 'tradition' I suppose.

What about you?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
28-11-2005, 08:17 PM   #2

Re: When does Christmas start for you?

now all mine are grown up and left home,christmas isnt such a big deal,ill put the tree up about 10 days b4 *the day* but will have all my cards posted off and prezzys bought n wrapped,then christmas can start might even forgo the medication this year and have a little drinkipoos

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
now all mine are grown up and left home,christmas isnt such a big deal,ill put the tree up about 10 days b4 *the day* but will have all my cards posted off and prezzys bought n wrapped,then christmas can start might even forgo the medication this year and have a little drinkipoos
I am exactly the same as you, although nothing has been wrapped or sent yet.............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
28-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
I am exactly the same as you, although nothing has been wrapped or sent yet.............
ive got about 30 cards to post that will be done in 2 sessions
and ive done all my cards to the neighbours sealed them but havent written on the outside ill have to open them all up

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
28-11-2005, 08:56 PM   #5

We put all our decorations up the first week in Dec. I have bought and wrapped most of the presents, hopefully write my cards this Friday night while I'm at work!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-11-2005, 09:00 PM   #6

I think I start thinking Christmas mode 1st Dec when the children open the first window on their Advent calendars..

I haven't bought any Christmas cards yet this year

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-11-2005, 09:17 PM   #7

I think a DW member is doing an advent calendar over there (Kazz put a link to it.....remember)
I'll volunteer for CP for 2006 when we're bigger (*wonder how big DW was a year ago....may go off and try to work it out*........... *is back* - no, it will give me a list but doesn't do an automatic count and I can't be bothered to count 27 pages worth!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
28-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #8

We get the tree 12 days before christmas and put up all the decotationd then. As for pressies, well I normally start buying them in at the beegining od December. i'm always out shopping on Christmas eve thought. I like the buz and panic of last minute buying

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #9

We'll probably trim up 2nd week of Dec........then I really start to feel Chrimassy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
28-11-2005, 10:20 PM   #10

Got most of my presents - just the kiddies "Big" presents to get. Got some wrapping paper, got cards but still in their box. Cant get into it just yet. Probably feel more inclined to do stuff when it is December!