Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #1

Scaredy cat!

I haven't been on site for ages, (change in work hours and family hassles!) don't know if you can remember Ice & Echo, Ice was always quite aloof and seemed happy with her own company, she's deaf so quite chilled out as she can't hear loud noises etc. Echo was the total opposite, quite skitty and nervous but also affectionate and more likely to settle on someones lap. Anyway Ice became quite ill and had cat flu, and during this time she became more in need of cuddles, we were all quite honoured that she wanted to be around us. My problem is that now Ice has actually realised that she quite likes alot of attention and will follow us around and whatever we're doing she likes to be in the room with us, even when we're having a bath she will settle on the edge of the bath or by the door, in the evenings she likes to settle on a lap or lie on the radiator, this is great but now Echo I think feels a bit pushed out and will spend most of her day hiding behind the sofa and she seems to be getting more and more nervous, car doors outside have her running for cover and she hates it when I get the hoover out (luckily this doesn't happen too often! lol)I have seen the DAP diffusers you can get and have used them in the past for dogs with good effect but wondered about the effect on cats. Also without scaring her even more how do I get Echo to go back to being more affectionate without forcing her and also without affecting the way Ice is now with us?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.