Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthair
27-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #1

Addiction to Whiskers Temptations Treats!

Hello Cat lovers!

I know this might seem silly and quite comical but my Alfie is very partial Whiskers Temptations to the point where I feel he is slightly obsessed! He knows where they are kept (upstairs in a draw in my bedroom) and when ever I am heading in that direction he is there before I can even blink! In fact he sits and waits on the stairs, staring at me as if to say "common up here...please!"

I feel he has become addicted to these treats and I am wondering what they must put in them! Are they like chocolate to humans!!? I feel like I have raised addict cat! When I do give him these treats he nearly has my hand off!
One day I stupidly left them out and he demolished the whole lot!! I wondered why he was not eating his normal favorite food until I discovered his belly was already full... of treats!

I must say I am a true softy when it comes to my Alfie and I do sometimes give in but I can't help feeling a bit used and abused as I don't get many cuddles in return!

Does anyone else have this problem? I felt like stopping his supply but then feel guilty and give in! I normally feed him these treats twice a day (occasionally more) and they can act like an Alfie remote for when I need to get him indoors or out of under the bed etc!

Would like to know your thoughts! Many Thanx

Cool Cat Em x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #2

Re: Addiction to Whiskers Temptations Treats!

harris gets them as clicker training treats although i did take some last night for him when he was getting his nails cut. He quite enjoys them

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
27-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #3

Oliver loves them as well. He goes daft for them. I got some for my sisters cat and she loves them. My sister ended up buying them for her, she left them in a bag in the kitchen and forgot about them. Later while she was in bed, around midnight!!! Kitty appeared with the bag in her mouth and dropped it by my sister, waiting for her to give her the treats! lol

I think they must lace them with kitty goodness that makes them irresistable!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #4

I've never offered them to Kizzy or Pip, who both like Dreamies. I wonder what's in them. I certainly wouldn't be offering treats every day, but they can be very useful if you want your cat to do something - I use them mainly to call the cats in or to get them out of cupboards!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
27-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #5

Dylan likes Webbox, he gets one when he's been really good (he has to "earn" one you see)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
28-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #6

Tim & Amber love them too. No mattervehere they are if i rattle the box, they appear!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
28-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #7

M&M have never tried them as I was wary of tying them with Maxi having such a sensitive tummy, they do lik.e those dental ones though that I use as treats