Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #1

Thursday's daily

It's 09:30 ish here and I'm waiting for a phone call to see if I can go to the hospital to do some baby exams I need three more to complete my book before my next assessmnet with the consultant and then I hope to have finished my course. I've got until next Thursday to get it all done. The essay is writen and in a folder to go in, all I need is rubber stamping but I meet so many obstacles its untrue!

Working in the birth centre this pm is time is precious, I'm like that John Cleese character in the film Clockwise, ITS STRESSING ME OUT! ARGH!

Apart from that, its a grey sky day a bit cold but same old day as yesterday. At least thats constant, I can cope with consistency now!

Hope you are all well. That life is good and the Gods are kind

See you laters , PP xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #2

Re: Thursday's daily

Hello PP - how frustrating for you! Hope you get a response soon.

Dull here again, though we are promised some sun later; don't think I'll hold my breath. Off out now, first with Dinah then to plant some shallots. Back later.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
26-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #3

Morning PP! Have a nice cup of tea and a half hour to yourself to destress

I'm working from home today as need to edit a copy-edit a really large document and turn it from fact into nice-sounding stuff. Must. try. be. more. eloquent. yes?

We had another powercut last night at 11pm, but rather than the whole building it was just our flat and the flats below and above us - very strange. power was out until 8.30 this morning, so OH had to go shower at the gym. I'll throw the fresh stuff out the fridge but everything in the freezer seems to be fine. That's two powercuts and one major flood from an upstairs flat in 3 days, what is going on?!

Darcy and Minsky are happy to have me at home today, and also I think the increase in sunshine has really upped their energy levels (which I didn't think was possible). Although it's grey and overcast today, and it looks like rain.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #4

Morning! It's white-cloud overcast here which isn't too bad. Sebi trotted off very happily into his class this morning which meant I was in the office just before 9

Still feeling very under pressure about just about everything . . . hopefully my herbs will kick in soon

Right, my PC is messing about so have to restart it . . . be back later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #5

Well, it didn't quite work out as planned, there's lots of babies to examine today but not enough doctors to go round and supervise us, so I've had to defer til next week. Asked my clinical supervisor about an extention to the submission date and she was great about it
So, we wait again!

The power cuts are a pain for you Meep, does your insurance cover any damage/loss? loved the bit about OH going to the gym to shower, reminds me of the times when my dad used to come home black from the pit when the showers there were off for some reason, he never showered or bathed at home,so it was quite an event to see him use 'our' facilities

Yola, kick that PC where it hurts love, they are a bl**dy nuisance at times! me and you will have to de-stress together. After me now, Oooohhhmmmm! Ooohhhmmm!

Have a good day in the garden DM, its good weather for it at least!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #6

Hi ladies, some sunshine and warmer, up to 6 degrees now just before lunch. Buses are still traveling in packs: was waiting for the light to change when three of them went whizzing by, very annoying. Had to wait 1/2 hour for the next; oh well, if that's the worst to happen today, can't complain.

Meep, can you send some of your boys surplus energy here; Leia is the sleepingist cat I've ever lived with! She hasn't even wanted the porch today, and it's so much milder! DM, never grown shallots, like them, might try a few this year; I can always shoehorn a few more things in the tiny vegetable plot. Onions do well for me, so suppose shallots might also. Do you grow leeks? PP, glad you got an extension. Yola, sometimes we'd like to just kill the computer when it acts up: my modem "unexpectedly hung up" again today!

Hope the sun shines on all......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
26-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #7

This week seems to be flying by! Thursday already!

Having a bit of a catch-up day with housework, you wouldn't believe how dirty the kitchen floor was!

I noticed earlier that there was a blue-tit investigating the puppy-fluff that I put out the other day. It's a bit early for them to be nest-building just yet but at least they'll know where to find it when they're ready. Hope they tell their friends too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #8

Evening everyone.

Got a stinker of a head cold so bah humbug!!

Cuddled up on setee with laptop, coffee, two cats and a golden retriever. I've got the least space!

Going to surf round here for a while then hot soak and early night.

Have a good evening.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
26-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #9

Morning, all.
Well, we're covered in snow this morning just like yesterday. The sun is out but it's not supposed to get over 35 degrees so I doubt it'll melt off.
Had to have OH drive me to the drugstore before work this morning for refills and it is ugly out there. We're a small enough town that the snowplow doesn't come out very often for us so a short trip down the street took half an hour..yuck.
Kuan Yin is convinced she's a dog as of late. Has been crowding around the dog bowls with the pups during their supper, jumping up on me like the dogs do to sniff me when I get home, and rolling on her back for belly rubs for her dad like the dogs do (she always hated her belly rubbed up until now). She even lines up at the door with them to go outside when they are asking to go potty. We don't let her out and she seems dissapointed. She's convinced she's one of them, I think it's to win her dad's affection (which it has) because he's a dog person. Now he pets her and says "good dog" and she purrs and rolls around in bliss. Funny cat.
Been bonding with Lainey (my new ferret) lately. Fed her some chicken baby food out of my hand and gently stroked her as she ate. Five and a half days she's been home and I think it's sinking in I'm her mama. She's a little shy but when you pick her up and hold her like a baby she doesn't squirm like the boys do and will just lay still and stare up at you..it's too precious. Almost bought her a pink teddy bear today that said "It's A Girl!" but didn't have enough cash on me. Kuan Yin is still obsessed with smelling her but hasn't been bopping her on the head anymore like she did on the first day of intros..it's funny she didn't do much of that with the boys so I'm guessing it's because she can tell it's another female in the house. She stares at her now and just goes back to sleep so I guess the fascination is over. And Hestia just doesn't give a hoot as long as they don't bother her. She's content to just "hold down the bed" and nap and cuddle or get in my way when I'm trying to use the computer.
Just another day for me with the kids. We are almost out of groceries (OH gets paid today) and have been "using up" the things we have left for some interesting dinners. Thinking I'll try to make a makeshift sheperd's pie for dinner tonight.
Hope all are well and you have a splendid day.
Love,
Tink

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #10

Lol Tink, I must have missed that part about bopping Lainey on the head! I can just see it! Shame about the snow and the difficulty getting around; will be soooo happy when Spring finally gets here. It's 52 here now. Safeway delivers here in the City, just had my bi-weekly order come, so I'm set for the staples and heavy stuff. Hope the shepherd's pie turns out nice! xxx