Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #1

Monty's new adventure

We've booked a 10 week fun agility class for Monty and us which starts tomorrow. Unfortunately, it runs on a Wednesday late afternoon and we couldn't possibly expect Monty (or ourselves!) to do that and then go on to our advanced dog training class later that evening. So, after discussion with our trainer, whilst the agility course is running we will be going back to the intermediate class which runs on Tuesday evening.

So dog training this evening and agility tomorrow ......... which sounds like good fun - it's not competitive and is a good introduction to the sport. Sadly, the course is outside and we've been told there's a fair bit of hanging around waiting your turn, so all the warm waterproofs will be coming out if this dreadful weather continues. OH has ordered a new pair of wellies and I will stick to my waterproof shoes probably with gaiters.

I hope to try and get some photos and will let you know how Monty gets on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #2

Re: Monty's new adventure

sounds great Angie, i bet you all enjoy it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #3

Well, we are back from our first session. Monty did really well, apart from the time when he decided to go "off piste" and ran off after catching a scent. The trainer was encouraging and everyone said "we've been there". Two problems - one, it was b****y freezing and two Monty is the only new boy. Still, I think it's going to be fun. Monty has conquered the tunnel and the jumps at their lowest setting. He's been introduced to the weave. Have to say (proudly) he did look good over the jumps and the trainer said that we should be proud of him and that he did very well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #4

aww thats great that he did so well angie, clever boy monty