Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
29-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #1

Urgent Dog rescue, staff being pts tonight

Hi all

I have just tried posting on the only dog forum i know of but it seems to be quite quiet on there at the moment. I know of a dog that is scheduled to be pts at 6.30pm tonight and im really hoping to find someone to help me get him into the home he needs.

He has gone to bite a few times, but has never actually bitten, but he is in a home with a 4 year old child and my friend is now terrified of her dog. She contacted both the birmingham dogs home(where he came from only a few months ago) and the dogs trust and neither would help because they wouldnt be able to rehome an aggressive dog. I believe that as he hasnt actually bitten anyone that he deserves another chance with more experienced owners and no children.

Could anyone please help with this? If not personally, then with recommendations of rescues and websites i could try. The dog is in Erdington, Birmingham. Please help!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #2

Re: Urgent Dog rescue, staff being pts tonight

Was Dogsey the forum you tried JB?

Catsey Senior

29-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #3

Oh no it wasnt, i forgot there was a sister site to this forum! Im not joined though so will do that now. I dont suppose you would mind reposting this story for me on there while im signing up? I am on and off the phone at the moment too trying to find someone to take him.

Catsey Veteran

29-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #4

OK - I've done that JB. I don't actually visit Dogsey that often as I am a member of a breed specific forum.

I do hope that brings some help soon for this dog.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #5

Do you think Kazz might help? She's an experience Staffie owner and is in Birmingham . . . even if it's to foster this dog for a short while until a permanent home is found?

Does anyone have contact details for her directly?

Catsey Senior

29-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #6

Thankyou Angie, I will get on there asap.

Yola, that sounds promising. I do believe he is a staffie cross and a truely stunning dog to look at. He was very sweet when we met him. I really do hope someone can help with this boy. I have rang so many rescues now with no luck The last one i spoke with was lovely but was already over run herself with staffies. I know my friend would absolutely love if he found a new home, I dont think she wants to have him pts, she is just terrified now.

I really want this story to have a happy ending

Catsey Veteran

29-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #7

I'm sorry I don't have direct contact for Kazz ....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Do you think Kazz might help? She's an experience Staffie owner and is in Birmingham . . . even if it's to foster this dog for a short while until a permanent home is found?

Does anyone have contact details for her directly?
I think Kazz said she was working nights this week so she will most likely still be in bed, Yola ....

Catsey Senior

29-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #9

Im having zero luck with rescues Some have been very nice and apologetic and gave advice or recommendations but it hasnt led to anything so far. Some have just been rude Just rang one that said they prioritise animals that are going to be pts and all i was told is that no rescue will touch him because he will be there for life and thats not fair on the "good Dogs"

So please if anyone is able to help in anyway i would really truely appreciate it. Pulling my hair out here!

Catsey Senior

29-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #10

My partner remembered that a friend of his had a big dog that recently passed away so has contacted him about Scooby. He has asked for more details so fingers crossed!

I have a feeling they wont be going through with having him pts, but they definately desperately want him in a new home. She didnt say she wasnt having him pts, but she has just been in tears on the phone to me telling me she was just cuddling him. She really is heartbroken, but she agrees that he would be perfect in a home without children. She brought her son to her mothers for the week not long ago and her husband said he was like a completely different dog with no 4 year old there. He could make someone very happy because hes a lovely thing.

I shall keep you all updated but obviously my fiances friend hasnt said yes so in the mean time if anyone knows of anyone else that could help id really appreciate it!