Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #1

London Eye & Thames Cruise

We had a great day out in London yesterday, it was a dry, warm day too.....

The London Eye is 135m (approx 450ft) high and has 32 capsules but are numbered up to 33 because 13 has been missed for superstitious reasons. Each capsule holds 25 people with plenty of room to move around inside. It has the capacity to handle 1,500 people every day!
It has been operational since 2000 and originally intended to stay open for 5 years but the lease has now been extended to 2025.

We had a star with us in our capsule ......anyone recognise her?

Houses of Parliament...

Fly past for the Trooping of the Colour...

Rooftops..

Buckingham Palace...

Looking towards the next capsule at the top of the Eye..

Ship Ahoy!

Looking down at the Thames...

Big Ben...

Looking down!

Westminster Bridge..

Thames cruise....

Westminster Bridge & Houses of Parliament...

Houses of Parliament...

Coming towards the London Eye...

Dome of St Paul's Cathedral...

Approaching Tower Bridge...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #2

Re: London Eye & Thames Cruise

Lovely photos! do you know I'm often in London but I've never done the London Eye! (but then, I know quite a few Parisiens who've never been up the Eiffel Tower) You were certainly in the right spot for the fly-past. I love the brooding sky shown in the shots of Tower Bridge and St Paul's, excellent quality!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
15-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #3

Great photos! Looks like you had a good day for it too, we ended up going on a fairly overcast day. It almost makes me miss London-almost but not quite!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #4

Terrific photos, Mags, really well done; they look like postcard quality , honest!
I recognise the actress, Angela ?... from Casualty and Down to Earth. nice one !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #5

Of course I know whose in the eye capsule the lady who has the beautiful tortie cat and is on Catsey a lot.

Seriously No I am afraid I don't but suspect PP is right.

You picked the right day by the looks of it Mags, the birthday trooping of the colour a great event and the right spot for the fly past too. Glad you had a great day.

Did you enjoy the cruise as much?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
15-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #6

The celeb is Angela Griffin.

Global Moderator

15-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Terrific photos, Mags, really well done; they look like postcard quality , honest!
I recognise the actress, Angela ?... from Casualty and Down to Earth. nice one !
You're correct PP it's Angela Griffen from Coronation Street, Waterloo Road, Holby City, Cutting It and others, fame! She was there with her husband and two young daughters and she is a very nice person. I didn't let on that I recognised her as I realise how tiring and frustrating it must be for people like her who tend to get hassled by the public a lot when they are out.

Global Moderator

15-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz

You picked the right day by the looks of it Mags, the birthday trooping of the colour a great event and the right spot for the fly past too. Glad you had a great day.

Did you enjoy the cruise as much?
The fly past was in direct line for the Palace, Kazz, I could imagine Her Maj stood on her balcony waving her gloved hand

The cruise was brilliant, made even better by the guy who was giving us a non-stop history of the Thames surroundings. He brought a lot of humour into it too.....for instance when we passed the MI6 building, he went on to describe James Bond and the filming of it there. Also, when we went under the many bridges on the Thames, we had to wave to all the people on the bridge and we would get good luck........but on the way back we shouldn't wave or the luck would be broken!! Well... as it was Lottery day, everyone waved ......... it didn't work for us though!

If you can get down to London anytime, I think you would enjoy it. The cruise goes from the jetty right next to the Eye so you don't have to travel far looking for the boat..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #9

Thanks for sharing those amazing photos with us Mags - so glad you had a great day! Fancy going on Her Maj's birthday too - hope you wished her Happy Birthday from Catsey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
15-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #10

Great photos Mags. I love London, but then I am biased as I am a Londoner born & bred. I have been on the London Eye a couple of times and I agree it is amazing. Pleased you had such an excellent day.