Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
26-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #1

Oil on car seat

As the title says we have a slight problem with some oil that as leaked out of a oil bottle in the car. Well infact it was nearly a full bottle. We dont know how its happened but its soaked onto one of the back seats its completely soaked through under it and under the other back seat as well. We are trying to take the backseats out its a Zafira but the proble we have is what can get rid of the oil. It stinks a well. Any ideas will be tried out as well.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
26-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #2

Re: Oil on car seat

I would use some washing up liquid, it is one of the harshest cleaners there is. I would use it neat do not dilute it.

Once you think you have got the oil off you could then use some water to remove the washing up liquid, then you will need to dry the seat thoroughly

Catsey Veteran

26-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #3

If you are insured fully comp it might be worth phoning your insurance company and see if you can make a claim to replace the seat

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #4

A steam clean will remove some of it but what about taking the seat to a valeting place as they have all sorts of chemicals to remove stuff.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
26-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #5

We decided to take the car for a valet. I dont know how much it will cost but its going to be a lot easier and it also means i will have a nice clean car inside.

Catsey Veteran

26-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #6

One of my friends had her MIL spill a jar of pickled onions over her car seat, valet didn't remove it but the washing up liquid did. Good luck and let us know how you get on.