Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white kitten
27-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #11

Re: Indy is making me laugh

I know, it's a long time bless him

He's coping ok with the collar though
He managed to get it off last night though while I was sleeping lol. Luckily he didn't do any damage to his tail.

I did a little experiment.
I spent an hour playing with him so he wasn't deprived of attention (so I knew that wasn't why he was coming to me) I fed him (so I knew it wasn't because he was hungry)

I then held the collar in my hand, showed it to him and called him over.
He came running to me even though he saw it.
Put it on him without a struggle, he just sat there and let me, didn't even need to hold him or anything, just held it near his head and he put his head in himself and sat patiently while I tied it on.

So I have to figure he isn't that bothered by it if he'll let me put it on without a fuss bless him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
27-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #12

Sounds like he's almost comforted by wearing it! Maybe he likes to have his head 'protected' by the walls of the cone?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #13

What a very good little chap he is ..... rather rare too I think!

Catsey Junior

27-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #14

That's an interesting thought squirrel, I hadn't thought about that!

He sure is angie, I adore him already don't know what I'd do without him and he's only been here for 6 weeks lol.

Best decision I ever made was getting a cat again I was actually looking for an adult cat. But the cat I was looking at fell through. Then my friend told me about an accidental litter her friend had had who were desperate for homes (her cat wasn't spayed yet as she was an indoor cat, escaped and ended up pregnant)
Then the mother died and the owner just didn't know what to do

She could keep all but 2 of the kittens. I took Indy and my friend took his sister Minnie a week later.
I have never had a kitten before, so wasn't quite prepared for the pure energy Indy is full of, but it's amazing having him here and watching him grow. Already wondering how he got so big when I look back at his baby piccys lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #15

Sounds as if you were made for one another! Yes, kittens energy level is amazing, they only have two speeds, full steam ahead or dead in the water.. Enjoy the kitten days, they grow up so fast!

Catsey Junior

27-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Sounds as if you were made for one another! Yes, kittens energy level is amazing, they only have two speeds, full steam ahead or dead in the water.. Enjoy the kitten days, they grow up so fast!
They sure do
Just like kids - my son is 3 in October, don't know where all that time went lol