Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
25-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #1

Undecended testicle.

Colin is almost 5 months old and is staying with us 'til he has been done as he is going to live with Jessie. Firstly I don't want to start a debate about the breeding of them.

Anyway he only has one testicle down and although I will be ringing the vet on Monday for advice I thought I would post here to see if anyone here has any advice before hand.

Obviously I want to get him done asap so he can go and settle in his new home. Our vet would have neutered him at 4 months and that was the origional plan, but with just the one testicle down we've been waiting for number 2 to make an appearence and a month later and it's still not here so he's a month behind leaving home (not that I mind at all of course! )

I know they can take some time to come down so this is not the worry, the main worry is that we didn't want him going with Jessie (who is due her spay next month anyway) with them both intact especially with Jessie being a little bit older as they both would be 'technically' able to reproduce but we are still waiting for Colin's other testicle hence why he's still here with me (if that makes sense at all)!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #2

Re: Undecended testicle.

Claude only had one testicle descend. My vets delayed neutering to give the other testicle time to descend, it never did It meant a bigger operation when he was neutered as they obviously had to go 'searching' for the other testicle. It turns out Claude did in fact only have one. But any undescended testicle does need removing as it can turn cancerous in the future

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
25-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #3

Im sorry but I can not really help there but i do hope that frans advice has helped

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
28-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #4

It's came and made an apperence today, all that worry for nothing! Booked him in for Monday before it dissapears again!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
28-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #5

That makes things easier, and cheaper!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
28-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #6

So glad it's decended now. As Fran said it can cause cancer in later years if not caught and a longer op. Good news.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #7

Whoop de doo!
A couple more pom-poms won't hurt!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
28-08-2007, 06:08 PM   #8

Good News then x