Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
16-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #1

the kittens bellies-again!

So the baby boys went to the vets today. as you may remember their bellies seemed to have settled down last week and then suddenly this week they got worse again and have been having the runs every time they are going the toilet the poor things.

the vet checked them over and said that apart from being a little gassy they were fine and healthy. i was told to get a stool sample from one of them and bring it back so they can test for all sorts of illnesses. once i have the stool sample im to start them on a 5 day course on anti bs(noroclav). im really hoping this clears up whatever is wrong with them because its been going on for far too long. im just glad that they are healthy other then having dodgy tummies!

will update again as soon as i know anymore!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #2

Re: the kittens bellies-again!

Poor babies - hope they'll be better soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-08-2007, 07:11 PM   #3

Oh poor babies Do hope the stool sample reveals the root of their problems. Please let us know how they go on

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Just naughty Moggies :-)
dbm_southwest is Male
23-08-2007, 12:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBalways2000
So the baby boys went to the vets today. as you may remember their bellies seemed to have settled down last week and then suddenly this week they got worse again and have been having the runs every time they are going the toilet the poor things.

the vet checked them over and said that apart from being a little gassy they were fine and healthy. i was told to get a stool sample from one of them and bring it back so they can test for all sorts of illnesses. once i have the stool sample im to start them on a 5 day course on anti bs(noroclav). im really hoping this clears up whatever is wrong with them because its been going on for far too long. im just glad that they are healthy other then having dodgy tummies!

will update again as soon as i know anymore!
Did he advise you to feed them just Chicken and Rice?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-08-2007, 08:27 AM   #5

Hope the vets can sort your kitties out - cant be nice for all concerned!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-08-2007, 12:29 PM   #6

Poor boys.....I hope they'll be better soon..

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
23-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #7

thanks everyone.

well i have still been unable to get a sample from them i tried to get one over the weekend but i kept missing them going the toilet so i decided to worm them mon-weds and then try again. i rang the vets today to explain why i havent been up with a sample yet and i was told to just get whatever i can so i will attempt to leave them with an empty tray again tonight and hope for the best!

the strange thing was that while i was worming them their bellies got better but as soon as i stopped it went back to normal(well hernie has, but Rhinos are still a little better then they were) i hope the tests show something because im so puzzled by all of this!

oh and i wasnt told to feed just chicken and rice because i had already done that myself and as soon as they start to eat their normal food again(which incidently is burns chicken and brown rice lol) they go back to normal.

does anyone know any illnesses that can cause the runs in kittens other then worms? ive tried to find out on the net but had no luck

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Just naughty Moggies :-)
dbm_southwest is Male
23-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #8

Sounds like our Oscar he was given probiotic powder to add to his water for a week to even out the balance of good and bad bacteria.

He is now 90% sorted out but the vet advised to feed him a sensitive stomach complete food such as James Wellbeloved or anything that is completely 100% natural.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-08-2007, 05:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBalways2000
does anyone know any illnesses that can cause the runs in kittens other then worms? ive tried to find out on the net but had no luck
Porsha had a runny bum from when I got her and stool samples revealed she had giardia infection, however a lot of 'bugs' are difficult to pick up in just one random sample.

I found this link about Giardia but there are so many different things it could be. I agree stool samples are a good idea but one random sample may not reveal very much...

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/...ms_in_cats.htm

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
23-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm_southwest
Sounds like our Oscar he was given probiotic powder to add to his water for a week to even out the balance of good and bad bacteria.

He is now 90% sorted out but the vet advised to feed him a sensitive stomach complete food such as James Wellbeloved or anything that is completely 100% natural.
this is exactly what i was given for my kitten when she had a runny bum but mine was a probiotic paste instead she was fine after a dose of it