Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #11

Re: Pretty Ducks & an Adorable Squirrel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKatz
Those squirrels do not sound very nice in your area! Thankfully the squirrels we have around here are respectful - they eat out of the bird feeder & when they are full, they leave...We are also close to the woods, we seen bears, cougars, bobcats, deer, cranes, falcons! We seen lots of beautiful animals & birds...Wildlife is wonderful
You've seen a bobcat? How wonderful! We have peregrine falcons nesting downtown on the building ledges but I've never been fortunate enough to see one..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
26-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
You've seen a bobcat? How wonderful! We have peregrine falcons nesting downtown on the building ledges but I've never been fortunate enough to see one..
We have seen so many animals & birds We go walking in the woods all the time so we usually come across them while we are out. The bobcat was very cute - we only seen the one though. Should of seen the time we seen a young cougar - it had prey in its mouth, when it seen us, it stopped, looked at us for a little, & then it jumped into the woods. Just the other day we saw a younger falcon perched on a tree - first time we ever seen one up close.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #13

Peregrine falcons! They have been nesting in Chichester Cathedral for several years now and we do see them quite frequently. The RSPB has a camera in the nest and visitors to the cathedral can watch the various stages of the eggs and hatching the young.

The year before last a young peregrine took a collar dove right out of the air outside our front window - it was just getting dark and we did take some photos - a bit grizzly and the photos were grainy, but it was amazing to watch.

Sounds like you live in the ideal place for wildlife HappyKatz - I am quite envious!

Catsey Veteran

26-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Peregrine falcons! They have been nesting in Chichester Cathedral for several years now and we do see them quite frequently. The RSPB has a camera in the nest and visitors to the cathedral can watch the various stages of the eggs and hatching the young.

The year before last a young peregrine took a collar dove right out of the air outside our front window - it was just getting dark and we did take some photos - a bit grizzly and the photos were grainy, but it was amazing to watch.

Sounds like you live in the ideal place for wildlife HappyKatz - I am quite envious!
Wow that is so neat that falcons are nesting in the Cathedral!
And its great how people can watch them...Falcons are amazing birds

We love the place where we live because we are big nature lovers. There is plenty of nature & wildlife to see! When there isn't anything to do - why not take a walk in the woods!

Catsey Veteran

26-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #15

Here is the website link - I would have sent the link for the RSPB cam, but as the young have fledged this year, the camera has been turned off.

http://chichestercathedral.co.uk/cgi...5/page_17.html

Catsey Veteran

26-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Here is the website link - I would have sent the link for the RSPB cam, but as the young have fledged this year, the camera has been turned off.

http://chichestercathedral.co.uk/cgi...5/page_17.html
Thank you for sharing that link with me! Besides the beautiful falcons - I love churches, especially a church as beautiful as Chichester Cathedral...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
26-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #17

I love wildlife too and your red squirrel is beautiful I don't think I ever have seen one here in the UK. Churches and cathedrals are another of my passions too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #18

[quote=angieh;489529]Here is the website link - I would have sent the link for the RSPB cam, but as the young have fledged this year, the camera has been turned off.

http://chichestercathedral.co.uk/cgi...5/page_17.html[

My thanks for that link also, Angie!]

Catsey Veteran

26-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #19

So glad you liked it!

I had a great friend, Val, with whom I had several good holidays and we used to go for walks and to the cinema. She loved to visit old churches in the area and joined a society that tries to help with the upkeep. Sadly, Val died a couple of years ago and I miss her company on our walks and visits to those little country churches. There are a lot of very old ones around the area I live. Have to say I do much prefer the little parish churches to the great cathedrals, but Chichester is lovely and a lot goes on there, such as lunch time musical recitals. The Bishops's Gardens are open to the public and are lovely, well kept and peaceful. They have art exhibitions sometimes in the cloisters - not just known artists but exhibitions of work from local schools too.