Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
25-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #1

Pretty Ducks & an Adorable Squirrel!

I just wanted to share some photographs! Nature is so wonderful & beautiful

These ducks got pretty close to us - it was great!

This is a resident squirrel that comes to our garden:

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #2

Re: Pretty Ducks & an Adorable Squirrel!

How lovely, the first picture looks as if he is telling his Missus off!!!

Catsey Veteran

25-06-2008, 08:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
How lovely, the first picture looks as if he is telling his Missus off!!!
Thank you That duck was being really noisy - we were laughing so much

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-06-2008, 11:42 PM   #4

Oh, those duck pics are great!. Your squirrel looks like a red, not the horrible Eastern grey squirrel that's so destructive in gardens!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #5

Lovely pictures of the squirrel......

Catsey Veteran

26-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #6

That squirrel always comes around to get sunflower seeds. He/She is a nice squirrel

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #7

I am so interested to know that you have red squirrels in USA - I had no idea! Our native red squirrel is in decline, due to competition from the much more aggressive greys that were introduced from USA (not sure when) and also I believe the reds do suffer from a virus.

Of course, the USA has a huge diversity of wildlife, depending on area - would you mind me asking whereabouts in the States you are HappyKatz?

(Of course that's one thing for my list of 5 things I'm interested in - wildlife!)

Catsey Veteran

26-06-2008, 04:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I am so interested to know that you have red squirrels in USA - I had no idea! Our native red squirrel is in decline, due to competition from the much more aggressive greys that were introduced from USA (not sure when) and also I believe the reds do suffer from a virus.

Of course, the USA has a huge diversity of wildlife, depending on area - would you mind me asking whereabouts in the States you are HappyKatz?

(Of course that's one thing for my list of 5 things I'm interested in - wildlife!)
Thank you for sharing that about squirrels in your area We have a good population of red squirrels around here in Michigan. By our house we have 2 red squirrels that are always making noises at each other. The one that I took a photo of is one of the nicer squirrels. I rarely see grey squirrels - usually they are deep in the woods. Sounds like thats a good thing though!

I love wildlife as well We have lots of woods here so there are always animals to see

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKatz
Thank you for sharing that about squirrels in your area We have a good population of red squirrels around here in Michigan. By our house we have 2 red squirrels that are always making noises at each other. The one that I took a photo of is one of the nicer squirrels. I rarely see grey squirrels - usually they are deep in the woods. Sounds like thats a good thing though!

I love wildlife as well We have lots of woods here so there are always animals to see
Count your blessings! I am notorious here for my anti-squirrel rants! There is a huge population of them here where I live; they dig up and eat bulbs, uproot newly planted plants, steal tomatoes as they're ripening and devour the birdseed! Plus chew holes in the soffit boards on the roof to nest there..that has happened to me and my neighbor!

But with the exception of squirrels I love wildlife also; we have raccoons, opossums, foxes, quail and the occasional deer right here in the City...I'm only 2 blocks from the woods! Oh, and mallard ducks on the nearby reservoir!

Catsey Veteran

26-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Count your blessings! I am notorious here for my anti-squirrel rants! There is a huge population of them here where I live; they dig up and eat bulbs, uproot newly planted plants, steal tomatoes as they're ripening and devour the birdseed! Plus chew holes in the soffit boards on the roof to nest there..that has happened to me and my neighbor!

But with the exception of squirrels I love wildlife also; we have raccoons, opossums, foxes, quail and the occasional deer right here in the City...I'm only 2 blocks from the woods! Oh, and mallard ducks on the nearby reservoir!
Those squirrels do not sound very nice in your area! Thankfully the squirrels we have around here are respectful - they eat out of the bird feeder & when they are full, they leave...We are also close to the woods, we seen bears, cougars, bobcats, deer, cranes, falcons! We seen lots of beautiful animals & birds...Wildlife is wonderful