Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-11-2019, 09:20 AM   #1

Drizzly Friday

Good morning everyone.

It's a big change in weather here today after the dry spell we have had.

Shelley, how are you feeling today? Did you get your scan results back?

Did you all have lots of trick or treaters at the doors last night? I have to admit, we turned the lights off as the door constantly going upsets the dogs so I would rather them settled. Harris would also try and escape every time the door is opened and it wouldn't be the best night for that to happen!!

I am on my way to work just now then my running track session when I finish then home and relax!! Quiet weekend planned thankfully 😁

Hope everyone has a great day. It's so good to see the forum is still alive 💜

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #2

Re: Drizzly Friday

Morning had one set of trick or treaters it was raining heavily here so that may of been the cause. Cold and damp here today not much doing dog to walk.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #3

I'm glad it's the end of the week. Tired! The only positive has been lack of commute traffic due to the half term.

We're having taco shells with quorn. OH wasn't overly pleased about having to buy that over pork, but I insisted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #4

Evening ladies, Pamela I get the blood results and chest x-ray Monday, have to wait for the scan.
Today at work I lost a big chunk of molar and have to try and get an emergency appointment Monday morning, feeling well stressed.
We just got 3 trick or treaters last night, was raining here too Kazz.
Yola, taco shells with Quorn sound lovely, I'm having Quorn sausage rolls.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
01-11-2019, 10:29 PM   #5

Good morning everyone.Saturday morning here and a beautiful sunny day.Sorry about the drizzle Pamela. Still I guess it's a good day to be at work.Kazz, I hope you don't get too wet walking Gert.I always love walking in the rain as long as it's not too heavy.Yola, what on earth is Quorn? I've never heard of it.Enjoy your taco shells and try and get some rest over the weekend. I know when i lived in Sydney, the commute to work took nearly 90 minutes and I was tired by the time I got there.Shelley, I hope the blood results are all good for you, also the x-ray and scan. Gosh you are going through a bad patch at the moment and now a tooth as well ! No wonder you feel stressed. Anyone would be. Hang in there Shelley.I'm thinking of you and I'm sure everything will turn out just fine.Another lady having Quorn. Gotta find out what that is.

Willow is on different anti-inflamatories for her spine. She has been unable to get up unaided over the last few days and was constantly falling when she was up. Today, she got up on her own, managed to get down the back steps without falling and go to the toilet outside. She wanted to head off down the driveway but I made her come inside as my vet said she must rest and let the meds work.I am thrilled that there is some improvement.
I'm trying to plan what to have for xmas dinner I'm tossing up between roast pork, which I have every year, or maybe have KFC. We have a KFC store near here that is open for pre-orders on xmas day. I'd still make a pavlova and do my Dragons Breath pudding that is a tradition for my children every xmas, We never have KFC so it would be a real treat and save me a lot of work. I'll keep thinking about it for a while.

Have a great weekend everyone.................Maggie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-11-2019, 12:15 AM   #6

Dinky, Quorn is a brand name which has been adopted as the generic term for meat substitute protein. It’s soya based. I’ve been pushing quite hard for us to eat less meat but it’s been an uphill struggle with 3 diehard male carnivores in the house.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
02-11-2019, 02:52 AM   #7

Thanks for the info Yola. I guess it's similar to our Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) that I see in the supermarket.Well done you for cutting back on meat but I know that most men love their meat and veges.It's just a guy thing. I am going to try some TVP "meat" patties when I next go shopping ( if they're not too expensive).I'll let you know what I think.