Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
25-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #11

Re: Big Foozy has Cat Flu

Thanks folks. He is nearly 9 Velvet. We have just give him about 20 minutes of steam and then OH gave him Truth's mix of sugar and salt water. The steam seemed to help a bit. I won't give him anymore Metacam. I have everything crossed and am doing everything I can to prevent the others getting it, Fecto is 13 and would not survive cat flu.

Everyone has been tremendously helpful, it helps a lot that I don't feel so helpless and alone with it, I can't thank you all enough.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-05-2015, 11:19 PM   #12

Big hugs to you and the lovely boy - I will ask Kizzy to put in a word with The Great Cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
26-05-2015, 07:31 AM   #13

Aww hope he is better soon xx hugs from my lot x

Catsey Senior

26-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #14

Big Foozy seems a little bit better today. He has an appointment with our favourite vet tomorrow. OH has got quite a lot of Truth's sugar/salt mix and some watered down chicken baby food. He's even had a wee, which is a great sign. He purrs when I clean his nose and eyes, he had a bizzy bum yesterday and he even sat so I could clean him up easier. I have been boiling the kettle in his room and holding the steam under his face, he purrs while I'm doing this so it must be helping. I stopped the Metacam straight away when I learned it's hard for cats to metabolise, makes you wonder why the vet prescribed it! He's got one lot of antibiotics to go. Still got everything crossed it doesn't get passed on. Thank you Kizzy for having a word with the Great Cat, every little helps. All suggestions have been great and they are working. Thank God for people like you chapesses who know and understand cats.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
26-05-2015, 01:47 PM   #15

That's great news FM. I've been thinking about your big boy all day at work and I thought I'd just come on here and check to see if you had posted anything more about him.I've got a vapouriser here in my bathroom. I do wish I could send it to you as you say that the steam is helping him. I know it helped my kitty too.It's also much easier than boiling the jug. Anyway, I'm so pleased for you both. I'll be able to go to bed happy now that I know there's some improvement You must be so relieved too. Keep up the good work Big Foozy and hurry up and get better for your mum and dad.

Catsey Veteran

26-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #16

I've been thinking about The Big Foozy on and off all day too. I even told my OH about him. Kizzy has sent all her most comforting purrs and has had a good talk to The Great Cat. Good to know he's still hanging in there and managing to take the hydrating fluid and a bit of food. Bless him! All best vibes being sent for continued improvement.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
26-05-2015, 08:29 PM   #17

..Continued prayers for your very special boy. I'm thinking about him a lot.

Catsey Senior

26-05-2015, 09:41 PM   #18

Discovered powdered baby rice in Sainsburys so he's getting that added to his baby food mixed with a little bit of cat milk and warm water. He's had 2 steams today and had a great sneezy fit that got rid of a lot of gunk. Vets tomorrow, hopefully he can give BF something to ease the congestion. I've told him about everyone's vibes and hugs and Kizzy's talk with The Great Cat. He purred.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #19

Hang on in there FM and Foozy!

I have had 2 cats with cat flu both came through OK, even though we were very worried about the older one. It took time and lots of TLC and one-to-one care. Thankfully it happened over Christmas when I could be at home to look after her.

Keep doing what you are doing in terms of isolation, syringing and wiping plus the ABs. Other than that, time will be the best healer but keep an close eye and any deterioration get him back to the vet pronto.

Catsey Veteran

27-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #20

We all continue to send strong healing vibes to TBF from here, plus fingers crossed for a helpful vet visit.