Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
14-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #11

Re: getting claws clipped

I'm dying to know how it went too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #12

Got back a wee while ago, Skye was like a wee scared rabbit in the carrier before we went in. She did sit for the groomer until they went to clip her back paws. Then she got wriggly but OH held her whilst they did it. When we got home, she hid under the worktop in the kitchen and has been rather quiet since she came out. Think she has gone to her usual spot on top of the wardrobe to sulk!!! Harris has been such a good boy and had a sniff at her but hasnt been too fussed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #13

Awww, poor baby, a traumatic experience for her! I hope you can coax her down from the wardrobe and out of her sulk with a little treat.....

I didn't know that groomers did the back claws also! I've always (with one very vocal exception!) clipped my cats claws myself, but just the front ones. Is that usual?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #14

Must admit to never having clipped any of my cats' claws except a dew claw of Smudge's that was curled round and about to dig into her leg. She let me snip that with no trouble at all. Before Merlin had an operation to remove a cyst on his face, I got the vet to clip the claws on his back paw on that side so he wouldn't have the whole cutlery drawer to scratch himself. I've looked at both Kizzy and Pip's claws lately and they seem remarkably short and well kept, but then they are both outdoor/indoor cats.

Very glad Skye was a good girl and now has elegantly trimmed claws. I will have to get used to doing puppy's when he arrives!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #15

Angie, all mine were semi-outdoor ... walks on concrete to wear down back claws? But Leia doesn't go out and her back ones are rather short and blunt; I often see her working on them with her teeth worrying off a claw sheath (if that is what you call the loose part that comes off?)