Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Domestic Short-Haired
21-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #1

lottie has stained pink paws! :(

Hi there!

I've been using the pink Sophisticat litter for my kitten and his white paws have turned pink! Should I stop using this in fear that it will stain permanently or will it be O.K to finish the bag and wash his paws later?? P.S I have a 20kg bag!!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #2

Re: lottie has stained pink paws! :(

I'd be quite alarmed if that happened and contact the manufacturer. Take some photos of Lottie's paws if you can! Surely the colour should not come out of the litter? I am not suggesting that this will harm Lottie but I would want to make sure that the manufacturer knew their product was doing this and see what they say.

Might be an idea to try washing his paws to see if it will readily come out. I would use dilute baby shampoo if you have it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #3

We don't have that litter here in the States; I'd be somewhat concerned also; give your vet a call, and I agree about contacting the maker and washing the paws. Very odd, first time I've ever heard of anything like that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #4

I've had a quick Google of this product and as it is composed of a natural clay, I don't think there is anything to worry about. Clay can stain however but should wash out.

Please let us know if Lottie's paws clean up!

Cats owned: Domestic Short-Haired
26-11-2010, 01:21 AM   #5

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your responses. I shampooed Lottie's paws and managed to wash the pink clay off thankfully! I'll continue to finish this bag of litter before moving on