Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #11

Re: Carpet v wooden flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattde
I remember having laminate in my old house. All downstairs was done in it. Remember one day thinking lets give it a mop, all good nice and clean. I then though I wanted it shiny so I got the Mr sheen out and covered the floor in it, wiped it down.
To my surprise I then found I had an ice skating ring in my house. Loads of fun watching the dog go for the post . If I had socks on I could slide from one side of the house to the other.

I'm fitting some laminate in the hall next week as the cats have destroyed the carpet. Bring on the Mr sheen
You'll have to get the video out for that Matt - I will be waiting patiently for your new show "Cats on Ice"!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
07-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #12

my brother has just put down real wood in his front room and it looks and feels great. We have laminate in the hall and it feels cold. (my mum wanted real wood but my dad said no, pffft!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #13

My OH and I have been steadily getting rid of the carpet in this house..we only have the bedroom and antique room left. When we pulled up the carpet there is steady concrete underneath and unfortunately we weren't able to afford real wood so we got some of the faux wood floor you lay down yourself from Home Depot and I have to say it's working quite well, it's at least better than carpeting. With three dogs, three cats, and three ferrets in the house it is just so much easier to clean.