Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbys
09-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #1

Tabitha put to sleep

Hi i'm new to catsey, I had my beloved Tabitha put to sleep on Sunday and am overcome with guilt and grief. Cant imagine my life without her, I cant stop crying and another member said it might help to come on here. Lisa

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #2

Re: Tabitha put to sleep

I am so sorry to meet you like this tabsie. I hope that you will find the members of this forum to be a comfort in your loss. We've all been there at one time or another and understand and sympathise with what you are going through.

It does help to talk, even though it may choke you up - when you feel able, tell us about Tabitha.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #3

You're in caring hands here Lisa. Most of us have experienced the loss of a beloved fluff and can completely empathise.

My advice would be to (if you can) tell us all about Tabitha, put up some pictures, create a tribute for her (Gone but not forgotten section) and just have a good wail about it when you feel like it.

It'll all help get things out of your system and then you can look back on Tabitha with fondness rather than distress.

Catsey Junior

09-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #4

thanks. I had such a strong bond with her and cant imagine life without her. we spent so much time together. she had lung cancer and I chose to have her put to sleep, as she would have to have biopsy and even then most cases inoperable and she would have to go through alot. But cant help thinking she wasnt ready to leave me. She was running around my garden this time last week and took ill suddenly on wednesday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #5

Hi Lisa,
welcome to Catsey, i am so sorry to hear about Tabitha.
When we lose a Pet it's absolutely awful.
I'm sure joining this forum will help you, when i lost my last Basenji i joined a forum and it certainly helped me.
As members have said, when you feel ready maybe tell us some more about Tabitha and create a tribute to her.
When i shared stories/pics of Benji it felt like i was keeping his memory alive.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #6

I am so sorry that you have joined us with feeling of sadness and guilt, but you are in good hands. As others have said we have all shared these distressing and emotional times at some point. I recently lost my beloved Eva.
It's not easy and we all feel the guilt of having them pts but better for them to be free of pain and suffering and to have shared their time on this plain knowing your love for them.

Catsey Junior

09-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #7

I will do a tribute and pictures, thanks

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: tabby cat
09-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #8

Welcome Lisa.So sorry to meet you at such a sad time.
Everyone will help you here they are very kind.
Try to think of the wonderful life you gave her and how happy she was.Sending you hug

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #9

Hello Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about Tabitha...

Most of us here have felt the anguish you are going through at the moment.... please don't blame yourself, you have given Tabitha freedom from pain and further suffering.

Our members here will support you through these difficult early days, they are all good listeners. When you feel ready you may like to share your memories of Tabitha with us and in time your tears will turn to smiles again when you recall your special times with her.

Take care...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: na
09-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #10

From one Lisa to another...welcome sorry it's not in happier circumstances...R.I.P. Dear Tabitha x