Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #11

Re: Hello eveyone!

Hello and welcome!

Hang on in there, I'm sure you'll find the right kitten, meant just for you. It may be that they're a bit thin on the ground at the moment but Spring will (sadly) see an increase in numbers with CP. Good Luck in your search!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby female
James is Male
23-02-2010, 05:28 AM   #12

Hi Drew, I can empathise. It took us years to decide to adopt another feline as we were so devasted at the loss of our beloved Dunkley (tabby feral girl), but as with you we got fed up with living in just a house, we wanted a home and cats can work this kind of magic We adopted Boodle three weeks ago from a shelter and although she is a young adult we have no regrets, as her condition when she was first rescued (v. poor) and her behaviour (afraid of the staircase, feet, doors etc). told its own story about her background. In just three weeks she is a different cat and we love her very much

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
23-02-2010, 06:20 AM   #13

Hi Drew...welcome to Catsey... sorry about Bibs... (cute name).. what a brave person taking on a ginger...lol (only joking!!) i have a ginger ninja and she is an absolute craic! totally fearless and VERY opinionated and vocal about everything! but we loved her to bits!

Cats owned: Bibs the cat.
drewcole81 is Male
23-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #14

Thank you for all your welcomes!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for places to find kittens?

I do keep an eye on my local homing center and sign boards at the charity shops etc...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcole81
Thank you for all your welcomes!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for places to find kittens?

I do keep an eye on my local homing center and sign boards at the charity shops etc...
The Basildon, Brentwood & District branch of Cats Protection are holding Homing Shows on the 1st Saturday of each month, the next one being on the 6th March.

Maybe you could phone them and go along to this Show, you never know, your perfect kitten may be there waiting for you

Here is the link

Good luck in your hunt, please let us know how you get on...