Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Tabby male
14-01-2010, 02:57 AM   #1

First introduction.

Hello, I have never done anything like this before, I hope it will be interesting and helpful. I am an older person and my partner is in his mid 50's and we have just acquired a kitten. He is a very pretty tabby, and his name is "Possum". 2 years ago we put our last cat "Ebony" to sleep after 20 years with us. We were not going to have any more animals, but a neighbors cat made us change our mind. My partner and I realized there was something missing in our lives. And so we got "Possum when he was 5 weeks old, he is nearly 10 weeks old and is going to the vet for his first check-up on Monday 18th Jan. This little bundle of mischief has changed our lives. I never realized how much you have to change things when you bring a kitten into your lives! It is nearly like a new baby!!! But he is a lot more fun and entertaining. We are laughing a lot, due to his funny antics. That's enough for my introduction, I am hoping this isn't too long. Bye from 'jandarlo'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #2

Re: First introduction.

Hi and welcome, jandarlo! I'm an "older person" too we have all age ranges here, all of us are friendly. I do hope you'll enjoy the forum; look forward to chatting and possibly seeing pics of Possum!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #3

Hi and welcome aboard

Global Moderator

14-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #4

Hi Jandarlo a warm welcome to Catsey!

I hope you'll enjoy your time here with us, we are a friendly crowd who love cats but will also chat about anything of interest.

Looking forward to chatting with you and hearing more about Possum, he sounds a bundle of fun!

If you have any problems finding you way round the forum or if you have any questions, just shout and someone will be along to help you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #5

Hi jandarlo! So very glad that you have welcomed a new kitten into your lives and that you are having a wonderful time with Possum! Pip, the ginger and white kitty in the above photo is now 7 months old - we welcomed him into our home last August and can appreciate all the joys you are having with Possum. You do forget what fun kittens are!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #6

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
14-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #7

Hello Welcome to the wonderful world of Catsey! Hope you enjoy it here
Sounds like you are really enjoying the company of your kitten Possum
Look forward to hearing more about Possum! He sounds very cute

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #8

Warm welcome from a 40-something . . . we're a mixed bunch here but all are welcome. Would love to hear more about your energetic kitten

Global Moderator

Cats owned: Bengal
14-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #9

Hi and welcome

Catsey Veteran

16-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #10

welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Kitten, i love his name.
It is so painful when we lose our Pets, we have lost two Dogs this year and for a short while we wondered about not having anymore pets. Like you we decided that we couldnt deny the pleasure we get from our animals and we are shortly getting a puppy to join our two tabbies.