Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #1

Chocolate Burmese Tuesday

Hi all - just a quick post as I'm off on a jolly today, meeting some ex work friends for lunch and a browse around a large garden centre. Will be taking money and a card just in case!

We are also off to puppy training this evening. Shelley - I hope that Kwame and Malaika are OK today?

Take care, have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #2

Re: Chocolate Burmese Tuesday

morning Angie and all to follow, love your title
I hope you have a nice time with your friends and maybe get something nice from the garden centre. Good luck with the training. We have just enrolled for more classes, don't think Malaika will be able to go to the first one though.
Had a very bad night with her, she's ok in her self but lots of coughing. Just had a call from my dad to say Reuben developed it a couple of hours after Malaika and they've had a bad night too.
Just waiting for the rain to go then we can go a walk.
Off to work this afternoon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #3

Morning both, those to come...

Sorry to hear that you've had a bad night with Malaika Shelley. Poor wee girlie to be stuck coughing like that.

Enjoy your day out Angie - hope you find some nice things at the garden centre

Late start for me - leaving soon after midday. This is good, because I'm hoping to catch the 11:30 Radio 4 programme on the Chalet School. Was one of my favourite reads as a child. I know many people who are hoping to catch it on listen again - I'm concerned it might not be on though - due to copywrite issues... here's hoping!

Cloud sleeping on her favourite seat again. She did have some sun there earlier, but no more. Gone behind a cloud.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #4

Yoo-hoo all! Just back from the hairdresser's, have to get my hair cut every 6 weeks as it still grows so fast. I also did a bit of grocery shopping while I was in town so..............

For those of you with a branch of Julian Graves near you, I would recommend buying their Sept/Oct magazine. It's only 99p and has 9 x 10% off vouchers inside which can be used on everything in the shop until 11th November. Really good idea as we'll all be buying loads of dried fruit and nuts for that special seasonal cake and mincemeat soon. The voucher can't be used online though. I was just buying some fresh herbs and stuff, used one of the vouchers and practically saved the price of the magazine. I love a bargain.

And Angie, do you knit? the magazine has 3 pages of instructions on how to knit your own miniature schnauzer

Glad to report the new shower works brilliantly!

Hope those poor little doggies of yours get over the nasty KC soon Shelley, sorry to hear you had such a bad night with Malaika last night.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #5

Hey, all! Raining here, all day probably, still not very warm for September: a bit after 11 am, only 17 C (63 F). Managed to dash outside between showers for grass. All's peaceful and quiet.

Shelley, sorry about the KC hanging on. Angie, enjoy the lunch and the garden centre. MrsH, sounds like a good deal for getting your supplies, everyone likes a discount!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #6

Ooooooh MrsH! Had to check where our nearest store is - there's one in Waterlooville - didn't know that. Desperate now to get the knitting pattern!!!!

Will have to post that info on the Schnauzer forum I belong to!

Catsey Veteran

20-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #7

cross with work. I volunteered to help out at an event and had to cancel a weekend away with friends in London. Today i found out by accident that the event has been cancelled. Nobody thought it important enough to tell me.
Next time they won't be important enough for me to give up my weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #8

Oooh Shelley, I'd be hopping mad!!!

Catsey Veteran

20-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #9

i realy am MrsH, it was only by chance i found out today, wonder if they'd of just let me turn up.
Probably won't say anything though as i'm scared of saying to much, can't afford to create problems and sometimes i find it hard to put things diplomaticaly.
However i won't be so quick to volunteer again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #10

That's just so inconsiderate, Shelley! I bet you'll remember this the next time they ask you to help .....