Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #1

feeling Blue wednesday

what a horrible morning i've had
My son and myself had a dentist appointment so i've been quite anxious about it, got all organised this morning, giving out teeth a scrub, Chris tells me it's 20 minutes to, time to set off. When i look at the clock i see it's actualy 20 to 12, the time of our appointment. We now have to wait untill next wednesday. I feel like i've lost time somewhere.
Kwame has also got kennel cough.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #2

Re: feeling Blue wednesday

Oh Shelley - what a rotten start to the day, hope it improves. Sorry to hear about Kwame - does he have the vaccine against KC? We opted to give it to Monty when he was having his vaccines. Hope he recovers quickly.

OH has to take his car in for MOT today and has a longish journey to the main dealer and will also have to wait while it's being done. Fingers crossed it will pass - it should do.

All geared up for the quiz tonight, and hope to see you all there ...... new players are always welcome! Around 8.15.

Catsey Veteran

14-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #3

Angie,
our vet doesn't reccomend the vaccine unless your dog is going to be staying in kennels.
I think he's caught it from a dog at training, last weekend a new person came into class with her dog which has since developed kennel cough. Poor Kwame was stood next to her.I'm expecting Malaika to get it too.
The vet has advised us to treat him with Benylin chesty cough.
will try to make the quiz tonight, we have visitors so will see how things are.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #4

Hi Shelley, Angie, those to follow. Sunny and delightful here, 26 C (79 F), no breeze, low humidity; the last of the warm weather for a bit, unfortunately, a nasty cold front is coming!

An upsetting day yesterday; call from the bank questioning a check, apparently someone had managed to get my account number and presented a check for $4800!! Fortunately the bank notified me at once and it wasn't honored; but I had to cancel my checking account that I've had for well over 50 years and get a new one. And annoyingly enough, I'd just gotten new checks with this address on it, so now have to do that all over again with the new account number. I have no idea how this happened; I always shred material with account numbers; whatever, it's extremely annoying. Bah!!

Angie, hope the car passes. Shelley, sorry news about the KC! Hope to see you all at the quiz!

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
14-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #5

Hello all...

Oh Eileen, that's rotten. *hugs* So glad you got it sorted out so quickly.

Sorry to hear about the KC Shelley, typical!!! Am intrigued about the benylin... How interesting.

Hope car gets through the MOT without any problems Angie.

All goes ok here, quiet day at the office, so I was very very glad to get home again. Nice and sunny, though still a trifle breezy...

Hope the rest of the day goes well all...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #6

** breathes slowly out with relief ** car has passed!

What bad luck Eileen .... so glad that your bank was quick on the uptake and didn't honour the bogus check. It's happened so many times to us on credit/debit cards - seems somehow less likely with a check?

Catsey Veteran

14-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #7

Oh good news about the car! I've had it happen twice with a credit card; quite used to the procedure now. But never with a check, what puzzles me is how he knew the check number in an almost correct order. The last check I wrote was 8809; the fake one was numbered 8813! I'm very grateful that the bank and credit card people are so alert to anything suspicious!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
14-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #8

Well done your bank Eileen, sounds as though they're really on the ball!

Always nice when the cars pass their MOT Angie isn't it?

Shelley that's rotten luck, poor Kwame hope he's only got a slight attack. Our breed forum often recommends Benylin for kennel cough, fingers crossed we've not needed any yet ourselves.

Today I made jam but I'm not sure it was worthwhile I had a large marrow and then found a reference to marrow jam so was intrigued. I found a recipe for marrow and ginger jam so thought I'd give it a go. The yield isn't good, just 3lbs of jam from a huge great marrow and I had the dickens of a job getting it to set but all ok now. I licked the spoon of course and it's just sticky sweet gingery and lemon goo, not very interesting at all, can't see it being as popular as the blackberry and apple!

Catsey Veteran

14-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #9

That's a pity about the jam, after all that work. Somehow marrow jam doesn't sound very appetizing to me .....

Catsey Veteran

14-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #10

Marrow jam sounds intriguing mrsH, i like unusual things.
Angie, glad the car passed
Eileen, i'm sorry to hear about your banking problems and glad your bank were on the ball.
Katy it's been sunny here today as well.
Poor Kwame still coughing, apparently it will get worse before better. We'd entered them into a club show Monday night too
Still having a wizzy wazzy day, i feel so vague and muddle headed, can't concentrate and have spilled a bottle of coke all over the work top. My son has friends around and found that the sausages i had planned for the meal were still in fact at the shop