Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #1

Sky blue pink with yellow dots on Sunday

Morning everyone,
seems a long time since i've started a daily. it seems so strange without Angie, hope her computers fixed soon. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have a spare
Overcast here, looks as if it will rain.
Need to get a dog walk in quick.
Not much planned, have eldest son staying the weekend so both lads have gone off to church. James is going to Leeds tomorrow to audition for a non speaking part for the parade at eurodisney.
Hope everyone has a nice day, check back later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
11-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #2

Re: Sky blue pink with yellow dots on Sunday

Hi Shelley... Lots of cloud and wind here again today. Mind if Scotland is to come in for what's left of the hurricane tomorrow that may not be such a surprising thing...

I'm a sleeeeeepy Katy today though... Was peacefully sleeping in my bed, when the visitors in the guest room next door decided to have a party... My wake up call came at 3:30 this morning... So Not Impressed. Even less impressed by the fact that I then failed to get back to sleep again after the noise shut down roughly half an hour later...

Cloud has been demanding attentions by moans and murmurs recently... I can't seem to get her to understand that if she wants me to stroke her, she has to come to me to get it, not the other way round!!!

Ah well, I'm thinking of making soup for evening meal later on (lunch still to come, but picked up micro meal for that as a quick option...

Speaking of cloud, she's now chasing a fly about the place!

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #3

goodness me Katy, you could do without guests like that
Sounds like Cloud is trying to train you to go to her ;D

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #4

Hmm, sounds like Cloud's training regime is coming along nicely- she'll have you trained in no time!
Odd day weatherwise- I have washing hanging out but have to keep charging out to bring it in! I've just made some courgette and lemon jam- not sure I got the setting point right so we'll see when it cools down. I once managed to make blackberry and apple jam which set so well it bounced!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #5

Hi all! Sunny earlier but clouding over a bit now; pleasant at almost 10:45 am: 26 C (79 F), no breeze though. Beautiful weather for the 911 Memorial services which I've been watching. Very moving. Shelley, I miss Angie and her cat and dog stories too; a spare would be a great idea if we could only afford it!

Squirrel, Cloud sounds as if she's doing a good training job. What sort of soup are you planning? CS, that bouncing jam story had me in the giggles ... there's a saying "It must be jelly because jam don't shake like that" ....

Hanging the laundry is something I miss living in the retirement complex; it doesn't smell the same!

Enjoy the day......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #6

Hello again all...

Shelley - no, I certainly don't relish guests like that, wherever they're staying. Oh well, the next doors only tend to have them round at weekends, and that's the first time it's got as bad as to wake me in the middle of the night. Still, I won't shy away from having a word if I happen to see them in the street...

I'm sure Cloud thinks I'll be fully trained fairly soon - except when I get into a 'won't do it' mood, regardless of how much she whines!!! Then she gives up and goes off to find something more interesting...

As for soup... as it comes lentil I'd guess. Had to change the pot cause I chopped far too many ingredients. However, they are new potato's, carrots, leek, cabbage, parsnip, and mushroom. Plus lentils, ham for the stock, and other flavourings.

Hope life treats everyone well today...

Catsey Veteran

11-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #7

That sounds a lot like my soup chez moi! All of the above minus the parsnip, plus white beans too and onions instead of leeks plus coarsely chopped tomatoes . And a sprinkling of shredded mozzarella cheese on top in the bowl.

I'm getting hungry! And a while to go before lunch. Dinner will be shrimp creole, perennial favorite.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #8

Having a BIG flare-up of my rheumatoid arthritis at the moment, it actually started on Friday but I didn't recognise what it was as it's so long since I had one All the little bones in my feet just below the toes feel as though there are bits of gravel digging in and my finges are swollen and stiff, can't bend them at all. My neck is fairly rigid and my knees just hurt Oddly enough I slept well last night, just couldn't move when I woke up! I really needed a nice long hot shower to help, but of course it's not fixed yet I can't manage a bath when the RA's like this, I'd never be able to get out of the tub so it's strip washes for me until either the shower's fixed or the flare-up recedes. Think I'll phone the plumber tomorrow and see what the situation is, a bit of emotional blackmail is coming his way!!

Weather wise it's not too bad, mild and dry with a steady but not strong breeze, a few nasty-looking clouds building up so maybe it's going to change.

Catsey Veteran

11-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #9

MrsH, so sorry you're having a bad flareup like that! Are none of your meds helping?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #10

Unfortunately the meds are quite strictly prescribed Eileen and I can't take exta when a flare up happens. Most of the time I don't have any problems, the meds deal with the RA at a preventative level, just sometimes my self-destructive auto-immune system fights them and a flare-up happens. I'll take some more painkillers in a while to make me more comfortable but I'm not allowed to take any anti-inflammatories alongside my prescribed meds. Never mind, it'll only last a few days then all will be well. Morgan's not getting his walks today though!