Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #1

Taupe Thursday

Late for a Daily! Where is everyone? Kazz on holiday, Angie's computer in the shop, and lynz's is dicey, but everyone else?

Still raining here, and will be probably thru tomorrow morning; there is no end to the train of storms coming up from the South. Bad flooding in many areas. Here in the City itself we've only had 5+", but many areas have much much more. Earthquake, hurricane, now flooding; is Mother Nature trying to tell us something?
Cool weather continues, nearing 10:45 am and it's only 21 C (70 F), better than yesterday but still not average. Oh for some sunny dry weather! No news here, all's quiet.

Hope all are well ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #2

Re: Taupe Thursday

Hi DM, yes very quiet on here! My new toaster arrived this morning, really pleased with the delivery service, less than 48 hours between ordering and unpacking it

I love its shiny chunky retroness and it makes good toast too Even though it's a bit bigger than the old one it still fits into the space in the cupboard (glad I didn't buy the 4-slice version though)

I've really changed the way I shop, I always used to be very canny and cautious but now I just think "What the heck, that's the one I want so I'll have it!" when the money's gone, it's gone. After that I'll start scrounging off the kids

Very dull weather here, no idea what the temp is but yesterday evening was chilly and the heating came on for the first time this season. Sorry you're having such a bad weather period right now, Mother Nature can be a very fickle lady!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #3

I'm here... Not online very much at the moment, but I am here... Was out at work til just gone 3 too...

Hope all are OK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
08-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #4

hi all, managed to get on here for 10 mins, its starting to go funny now! we're thinking its the graphics card thats away, finally managed to speak to my own computer guy who says that if thats gone, il need a new motherboard aswell as its connected to that?? went into a few shops aswell to ask, apparently the card may be salvageable. oh well. waiting to hear back from one other guy, will prob just go with my own as he built my desktop for me.

hope your weather improves eileen, it was wild here yesterday, not rained half as much today but definatley a hint of winter in the air!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #5

MrsH, I understand your feelings about splurging! I have no one to leave it to but charity, so why do I tend to be a bit of a tightwad? Partly being a Depression baby, I suppose, but I've gotten better about treating myself ... this Mac was not cheap! And food is one thing where I've never stinted: lobster and imported cheeses if I want them ....How about a pic of the elegant new toaster?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #6

Can't seem to manage a linky thing!

Here it is

Does that work now?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #7

evening everyone, hope you all have had a good day. Its strange to see the daily without angie posting about bogle.

Good see you got online for a little bit lynz
the weather is grey here aswell eileen.
Glad you got your new toaster MrsH.

I was working til 5pm today, was a quiet day which made it a bit boring. Came home to harris being a brat which has been a regular occurance lately!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #8

Hello catsey people, been to work this morning, then the farm shop. Feeling very tired today for some reason, could of done with a siesta but chose to watch something i'd taped. It was about George Mallorys ascent of Everest, gripping stuff.
Out for a meal tonight with my cousins.
My goodness Eileen, what weather you are having.
MrsH the link brings up John Lewis, not just the toaster, glad you like it.
Lynz, hope you get your computer fixed soon
Hello Kate, wave, wave

Global Moderator

08-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #9

Very nice indeed, Mrs H, I love the shape of it.

I'm tempted to go for a new toaster, our present one is over 20 years old!

Catsey Veteran

08-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #10

wave to Pamela, you posted one minute before me
Sorry Harris is being a brat, so is Kwame