Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #1

Purple Madder Monday

Yes, it is a colour!!!

My heart just skipped a beat - Monty Bogle has just howled the most dreadful wooooooo-wooooooo. His daddy is out, gone to visit his mum. I had to find him and give him a cuddle, which is of course not the right thing to do but I couldn't let him carry on that awful noise.

Very grey and overcast and windy too, occasional blue bits. Forecast for tomorrow is bad. My breathing is starting to tell me that low pressure is on the way.

Still, lots of transcription work to get on with today if Monty will stop woooooo-wooooing! Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #2

Re: Purple Madder Monday

Right I am off see you all in 10 days or so. Have fun and play nicely.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #3

Have a fab Holiday Kazz- byeeee xx

Angie, poor old Monty missing his dad so badly

Having an odd weather day here today, sunshine and showers, cold then warm- don't know what to wear!

Having a picking up day. Picking up clothes, bits of cat fluff, my prescription from the chemist and picking up parents from the bus station.

Righto, a bit of lunch I think, loving the chilli +strong cheddar spreadable by McLelland- seriously hot!

Catsey Veteran

05-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #4

Bon Voyage Kazz! Have fun!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #5

Have a great time, Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #6

Oh Kazz has gone, I'm too late to wish her a good holiday! I hope she has a great time anyway.

Boiler's serviced and the plumber is getting the shower manufacturer out to see what's wrong with it. He suspects it's the solenoid and he's so embarrassed at us having another breakdown with it, after all his company recommended it! It's got a 5 year guarantee so that will take us to April 2015 I've got a sinking feeling it's going to cost us money after that. (It's a Mira Platinum by the way, cost an arm and a leg!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #7

Hi, all. Cloudy, 80% chance of showers this afternoon thru at least Thursday! A combination of the tropical depression drenching the South plus a cold front from the North; potential flooding, and always the worry of downed trees and power lines! Not a pretty forecast. Nearing 10:45 and cloudy, 24 C (74 F), won't warm up much past 27 C. Summer's beginning to wind down. No news here, a holiday so no mail. The orchid seems to be flourishing in the greenhouse, has made alot of new roots.

Hope Kazz has a great holiday, Angie, that boy is really a daddy's boy, isn't he? PP, enjoy lunch; oddly enough I never acquired a taste for chili; MrsH, perhaps they can fix the shower properly??

Stay safe, dry, and enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #8

afternoon folks, aww poor Monty, hope his daddy is back soon
MrsH hope your shower is fixed soon
PP i agree with you about the cheese, it's realy good.
Had to go to work for an unpaid meeting today and felt obligated to stay and do some cleaning/tidying, that's my good turn done
Looking after my parents dog this week, it will do Kwame good to learn to get on with him.
We're going to ringcraft classes tonight as i think i'd like to do a few shows with them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #9

Hope Monty has stopped howling Angie!
A quiet day for me in the office and dodging showers on the bike. We are trying to get by with one vehicle for a while and have declared OH's (oh so practical) Freelander off road rather than taxing it. Flamin thing has been nothing more than a money pit and I hope this is the first step to it going. It does mean more cycling for me but I have a folding bike and only have to cycle a couple of miles from where OH works to where I do, or to the station. I can cycle all the way from home but it is a bit of a hike and we live on top of one of the few hills in this part of the world so getting home is harder.

Chilli I love, cheese I love but somehow the idea of the two....? Hmmmmm

Hope everyone is well, warm and happy

Catsey Veteran

05-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #10

It's such a good idea to try and do with only one car ..... hope you manage it CS. I only did just over 700 miles in my car last year, so realistically it could go as it is over 12 years old too. But those 700 miles mean freedom and independence if and when required. With my lung problems a bike isn't possible, but I often wonder about a scooter! Quite fancy a trendy Vespa, but maybe not on a cold wet day?