Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
05-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #11

Re: what are your phobias?

Heights and clowns
I would rather jump from a height to get it over with (Just an irrational thought never actually done it) My feet tingle even if a view from a height comes on the telly
Clowns just freak me out!! they are not nice, always in horror films and are just generally scary
China faced dolls.......and life sized dolls!! too scary for me (can you tell I'm a scardy cat??!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
China faced dolls.......and life sized dolls!! too scary for me (can you tell I'm a scardy cat??!!)

OOO-er! Did you watch Doctor Who on Saturday 3rd then?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Fluffy. Calico cat.
06-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #13

Not great with rats - although I appreciate they are actually very smart creatures! I think this fear seems from being brought up on a farms and seeing them scurrying about the haystacks etc! I also don't like folding paper - I've no idea where that phobia came from!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
OOO-er! Did you watch Doctor Who on Saturday 3rd then?
I thought that was scary too!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
06-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
Clowns just freak me out!! they are not nice, always in horror films and are just generally scary
i just remembered something!! when i was quite young my sister bought my mum a china doll, i thought it was pretty so they started buying me them, my mum bought me a clown like one on a swing, it hung above my tv and i swear it used to randomly move without draught etc and stare at me!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
06-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #16

Great thread!
My phobias would be: Heights, Going outside at night,
dolls with moving eyes, & traveling on planes or large ships.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #17

mine are wasps as i have been stung by 1 above my eye before

I also dont like lifts as before my dad was a manager for a lift company, he was an engineer and when i went out on calls with him, he used to at times, deliberately stop the lift between floors with me in it!!

I also have a fear of leaving doors unlocked, my straighteners left on and leaving windows open when im out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #18

My phobia is .... MICE!!!! yes I know, a cat owner afraid of mice, it's so daft but if a mouse got in here I'd be running scared. You girls with your fearless mousers boldly bringing in their prizes ( dead or alive) would make me squirm & scream.
Thank goodness Her Nibs has never had the urge to give me a present, and doesn't go out at night anyway.

It's so silly, mice are small, sweet things but sorry, they scare the beejeebers out of mne

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
06-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
My phobia is .... MICE!!!! yes I know, a cat owner afraid of mice, it's so daft but if a mouse got in here I'd be running scared. You girls with your fearless mousers boldly bringing in their prizes ( dead or alive) would make me squirm & scream.
Thank goodness Her Nibs has never had the urge to give me a present, and doesn't go out at night anyway.

It's so silly, mice are small, sweet things but sorry, they scare the beejeebers out of mne
PP how are you with rats,rabbits or moles? They're Dylan's favourite things to hunt

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #20

Feathers . . . and as a result, birds. This was quite extreme when I was a child and extended to petals, leaves falling from trees, fallen tree berries and butterflies/moths. This was due to witnessing a bird's tail being run over (bird was OK) when I was about 3 and the tail feathers scattering all over me.

Also, and this is probably related, I don't like balloons - especially when they fly around the room with air escaping and especially especially when they are a wrinkled heap. Can't bring myself to touch them even now in my mid-40s