Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #1

Rose Pink Saturday

Feeling in the pink today, but the weather not so rosy, gone all grey and threatening again. Cool too, put sox on today, first time in ages.

I'm doing the Photo Comp, been and volunteered myself for the task, my first ever time. Bear with.

Angie, didn't think to take a pic of the drive before the blocking went down, but it was just horrible concrete which the hard frosts last winter just broke to bits.

Having a Saturday without shoppping saving some cash for my holidays (16 days to go). No plans yet, may just spend the day mooching about and watching old films.
Not going out, may get a visit from grandson Tom later. He starts comprehensive school on Monday- OMG, can't believe he's grown up already.

See you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #2

Re: Rose Pink Saturday

Hi PP - your weather sounds just the same as ours - forecast was wrong, expected it to clear through by now but it looks like rain, so overcast and grey. Love the idea of a Rose Pink day! Took some photos of my lovely pink rose a couple of days ago, so will post them to add to the pinkness of the day .... good idea about saving money, we just got a bank statement this morning and our account seems to have been leaking! Nice to look forward to holidays though.

Also like the idea of watching films. I've actually kept up with watching TV progs I'm recording, did anyone see WDYTYA earlier in the week? It was actor Larry Lamb and was really interesting. Sad that he couldn't find out anything about his maternal grandfather who had just disappeared ..... there must be so many stories like that in family histories.

OH has said he will look at my income tax later today, so I'm getting papers ready for him. Can't really afford the accountant fee this year, I give them more than half what my business makes which seems ridiculous!

Have a good day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #3

Rose Pink Saturday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
03-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #4

Hi both...

After a foggy/wet start I finally see some blue sky. Had some fun with wee girlie too - after upsetting her slightly yest by clipping her claws! She was very good about it though.

This morning I also had to rescue her from a box when she let out an 'i'm stuck' meow (am convinced she doesn't hiss, just meow's slightly differently!) and I discovered a claw caught by the box flap poor lass...

Hope everyone having a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #5

Hi people! Cloudy and muggy this morning, we may get a shower or two by noon, then clearing; 23 C (73 F);it's nearing 10:30. Did banking and booze run yesterday, skipped the DMV as the main branch was closed and the others would probably have been swamped with the overflow; there's always along wait there for getting a license anyway. Next week, probably.

Many thanks to PP for filling in and doing the Photo contest this month, bravo!! Nice theme, off toPhotoBucket later to look for an entry.

Angie, what a gorgeous rose, thanks for sharing that. Wow, your accountant must have steep fees! Squirrel, glad the little one is unstuck, claw snags aren't nice; give her a chin tickle from me,.

Hope it's a good day for all......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #6

Quite nice weather here today, loads of laundry done so I just pop on here from time to time to take a break from the ironing.

OH is cross with Morgan because finding the garage door open, he went in and helped himself to the car-washing sponge which he then tore to shreds. Now you have to ask who's the real villain of the piece here? A clue - the tall and beardy one in his 60s was the one who left the garage door open, saying no more!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #7

afternoon everyone, its cold here aswell today. OH dropped me off in town today and i had to manouvre my way about by foot for the first time ever which is not easy given that none of teh roads have pavements so you have to use the pedrian routes which is fine if you know them!!!
Managed to get to the bus stop to get home aswell so was quite chuffed with myself!! Camne home and did all the housework and Helped oh and his friend empty their hire van at teh dump as they were emptying both our garage and his friends to get rid of the junk. Not upto much tonight, just chilling, maybe having one or 2 drinks then an early night as i have another flying lesson tomorrow but for an hour this time

Hope you are all having a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #8

Hello all. Two more sleeps...............and Spain here I come.

Went into Asda today bit of food shopping - mainly dog food, rice, toilet rolls etc ( before I go away) and they have reduced all their holiday stuff so brought a couple vest tops in yellow yellow and a creamy yellow. Yellow shorts .......YES shorts ....Lord help the poor people me in shorts. Down to £1.50 each. all of them; a pull on cotton top really big and baggy for over my swimsuit
by the pool..........just going to say that again BY THE POOL So here I am almost into packing mode, Euro's got passport ready, picked up couple of books in asda too, oh yes also suncream and aftersun
Going to have to look at packing, work out what rinse through etc and then I am ready, fly out Monday 5.35pm am I excited.............YES I AM.

Really looking forward to it.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Hello all. Two more sleeps...............and Spain here I come.

Went into Asda today bit of food shopping - mainly dog food, rice, toilet rolls etc ( before I go away) and they have reduced all their holiday stuff so brought a couple vest tops in yellow yellow and a creamy yellow. Yellow shorts .......YES shorts ....Lord help the poor people me in shorts. Down to £1.50 each. all of them; a pull on cotton top really big and baggy for over my swimsuit
by the pool..........just going to say that again BY THE POOL So here I am almost into packing mode, Euro's got passport ready, picked up couple of books in asda too, oh yes also suncream and aftersun
Going to have to look at packing, work out what rinse through etc and then I am ready, fly out Monday 5.35pm am I excited.............YES I AM.

Really looking forward to it.
Hope you have a great time and a good rest, Kazz. Are you flying from Birmingham?

Sounds like you got a few bargains from Asda ....by the way, is yellow your favourite colour?

Looking forward to seeing your pics when you get back

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Hope you have a great time and a good rest, Kazz. Are you flying from Birmingham?

Sounds like you got a few bargains from Asda ....by the way, is yellow your favourite colour?

Looking forward to seeing your pics when you get back
No not really but thats all they had.......yellow or black..... I would have chosen black but had to restrain myself and choose the colour I feel so well 17 months post op now just replied on OFF to a thread that reminded me.

However I am flying from Birmingham.