Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #21

Re: For Tink

Sweetheart, I am so very, very sorry. I watched your tribute and I don't know what to say except you were obviously the best of soulmates and your pain right now must be unbearable.

Please accept my condolences - and as you write at the end of your short film . . . hold the love until you meet each other again.

Love and hugs
Yola

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #22

There must be few things more heartbreaking than burying your child.........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #23

I watched your video this afternoon Tink and was struck by how full of fun your K was. Thanks for sharing the link with us here. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
01-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #24

A truly touching tribute from K's mum, as were the messages of condolences from those who knew him. Sending you much love Tink xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
01-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #25

Beautiful video Tink.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #26

I am so terribly sorry to read about K, many hugs to you Tink xxx.A wonderful tribute xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
01-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #27

Thank you..
The last 2 and 1/2 years were h*** for him and I thought it was important to remember how happy and full of fun he was before he got sick. He would have wanted to be remembered for that more than his illness. It helped me to see how much that illness took away and how it's a blessing he no longer is in pain and is whole again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #28

That's a comforting attitude, Tink, remembering the good times, even though I know it's a cliche I think it does help. No more pain and suffering. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #29

To have loved is to have lived. You have been loved and given love, so much love, to K. The strength built around that love will support you in the sad times and lighten your heart in memories you will come to treasure.

Wonderful tributes to a special guy, you can be proud to have known him.

Tink, always here for you, whenever you need me/us.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
02-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #30

Thanks, guys ((hug))
So many things to take care of....*sigh*...
Most of the time I'm fine. We've had so many opportunities these last few days to exchange funny and happy memories it's enough to boost me and I also did feel his presence very much the first two days. At the viewing, I did tell him I hoped so very much that he would not feel like he had to worry about us and that he could move on toward the light and be whole and enjoy Heaven--he deserves it after all. Of course I'll always love the feeling he is still in this house but I don't want him to feel he must wander here for my sake. It was very obvious to me when I woke up Thursday morning that his spirit had left during the night as I slept. I feel him now just in shorter periods, more like checking in. It makes me happy to know he made it over okay.
The nights are the worst. So quiet in a house that feels much too big for me now. I haven't washed his things. I clutch his pillow and breathe in his smell at night. My heart aches the most when everyone else sleeps.
Also, we are sorting out the dogs as I just do not feel it's feasible once I leave this place for me to care for them the way they deserve. Dee'ogee, the eldest, has left me today to go home with K's sister in Portland which is the way he wanted it and was agreed long ago. It's going to get emptier in the weeks to come and stranger and stranger around here.
I've told the furkids their Papa went to Heaven and I'm so sorry. Solomon has stepped up and been incredibly affectionate but I'm sad to say Kuan Yin seems depressed (she loved her Papa very much!).