Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #41

Re: The Bella's Babies Thread; For Those Who Wanted To See.

They certainly have grown Luke!!!! I love those tortie girlies So you are keeping the big ginger tom then?!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
19-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #42

Yes maxwell will stay here with us. We were to keep a pair originally, however the three people we've agreed will take the other kittens [down from nine may i add!]are people who we know very VERY well, and we know they will be looked after, well cared for and implicitly loved for the rest of their days..hence why we only decided to keep the one. And it was easy to choose who would stay as that little chap was last born, came out a bit funny and I had to break free from the placenta as Bella, by this point,was very VERY tired. Theres a connection there I feel, and as I helped his ma into the world..and thats what sealed the deal with her to come home with us, it seemed only fitting.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
19-08-2007, 12:57 PM   #43

And to add, their is some discussions going on as to whether the first little tortie/tabby girl should go..or stay with her Ma & Maxwell....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
19-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #44

They are gorgeous Luke - they were never going to be anything else with Bella as their Mum! Lovely to see them all doing so well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
19-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #45

They are gorgeous Luke (as all kittens are) glad the birth went well and that they are doing fine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #46

It's a good thing my girls never had kittens because I'd want to keep them all! They are adorable, and Bella's such a good mum.....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-08-2007, 12:25 AM   #47

They all make a lovely family Luke, glad the kittens are doing well..

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
20-08-2007, 01:45 AM   #48

Thankyou for your kind comments.
A bit of a write up update rather than pictures as we've seen a fair few!
Bella is doing well, she's really taking to motherhood well..and she insists on everyone knowing she has babies, in the nicest possible way.
Kittenwise...their characters are developing really quickly, big ginger Maxwell is a silly soul..who just wants to be near ma & milkbar, he is by far the largest andquietest.
The little ginger and white boy, so called Dexter at the moment, is a charming we soul. I have a big soft spot for him [will explain below]. He's a sweetie...he was by far the smallest but has caught up a fair bit and is waddling around the box ever so much now. Independent soul!
Little tabby girl, Twix or Cinnamon as she is to be called, she's 2nd largest after Maxwell and a hissyfit girl, always can hear her squeaking from the box.
Little unamed tortie/tabby n white girl [the one who everyone wants!] is a bully, she climbs on the rest and is forever causing Bella's heart to skip a beat by dissapearing down her back or underneath her at feeding times.

We had a good chat with the prospective owners this evening,Cinnamon/twix is definatley going to the family friends, no question. Maxwell is definately staying with us.
And then there are the other two..suitable homes lined up, and despite what I said earlier I think the little tortie/tabby girl will be going to my best friends family, as they really REALLY do want her. But I think...just for the fact I'm a ginger fiend, and they are never apart in the box that 'Dexter' [see, I couldn't help but name him..definately a sign], that the little white n ginge may stay aswell. We discussed it and a pair of kittens would be nice for company for each other, and the boys have really captured our hearts already. The neighbours/friends of ours who were interested in him have said they do not mind if we choose to keep him [they will go to the local RSPCA shelter] but have said if however we do see that it would be for the best he went off to a new home like his sisters, they will take him with open arms.
Irrespective about homes really, only five days old..but the main thing is whichever homes the kits go too, they will be lifelong and well loved.

Houselife wise....it's still very much hustle n bustle n mayhem as usual. Clementine is not impressed, but she never has been when we've brought new babies in..so to have four in 'her' house is bound to be a bit of a shock. She will come round eventually, her nose just gets pushed out of joint easily.
The dogs however, think they are great! Florrie has retired from normal life to spend all day sleeping just a little way from the box..making regular 'nosey' trips to make sure it's business as usual in there. Its nice really, as when Bella comes out for a bit of 'ma time' she has someone to keep her company bar humans.
Ralph just is a whimp, he gets to have a look every now n then.and a sniff, n hes great...strangely calm, yet as soon as the kits sniff him or make any noise he RUNS, literally, and hides somewhere until the big bad babies have gone from view
They've taken it better than I expcted.

The kittens are steadily gaining weight and condition, all VERY large and fat babies. It would seem 'Maxwell' has a chance of being a longhair/semi longhair..as his coat is substantially thicker than all the others.
So generally all doing good and growing, not paying all too much attention to which homes they will be going too when older though...things happen so must focus on making sure they are all okay

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
20-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #49

I like the little boy number 2!!! He's gorgeous!!!

So glad to hear that mother and babies are all doing well, Luke. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #50

Lovely update, Luke; may we have some more kitten pics soon?