Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
26-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #1

Fuschia Friday?

Morning all!
It's been so long since I've been here and even longer since I started a daily thread, I wasn't sure if I as meant to pick a colour or food?!
Erin decided today should start at 6am so we've had breakfast and I've done most of the housework (with her on my back) and it's time for a sit down and a cuppa!
It's very wet here this morning so no real plans for today apart from a dog walk around the block-we'll go for a longer walk this evening.
I will have to try and knit a couple of small things later, our knitting club has a stall at a local show tomorrow but I've spent so much time making a couple of things to exhibit in the crafts tent, I haven't made anything to sell, oops!
Any ideas of little knitted items you'd consider purchasing from a similar stall are much appreciated, I'd thought maybe pretty egg cosies and some lavender sachets?
Have a lovely Friday everyone

xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
26-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #2

Re: Fuschia Friday?

Hi PinkLizzie...

Naming the thread? Go with whatever you want! It changes as time goes on, so... Who knows, maybe we'll go with flowers for a bit now, as Fuschia is both that and a colour.

Quiet start to the day here. I didn't get up until well after 8. Mind, yesterday was on the busy side, so... Another quiet weekend planned, though maybe not as quiet as last week!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #3

Morning PP, Squirrel! Awoke to pouring rain again, it's eased off but we keep getting short heavy showers. It's a bit murky/misty with bad light levels and no wind. OH is out with Monty for a wet walk again and I am off to get some fish from the mobile fish van for our supper in a short while.

Didn't get on with family history yesterday, so may try again today, or sort paperwork or even ..... start sorting my income tax (yuk yuk yukky yuk)

I may be biased Liz, but I'd go with your charming knitted mice!

Have to tell you about a very strange dream I had last night - I was trying to convince my OH that I knew where Aberdeen is on the map and was telling him about all the Catsey members that live there or thereabouts. There was an advert being filmed at the coast for some new lager and there was a boat and crew (all looking like jolly sailors in striped tops) and it was meant to sail off into the sunrise and everyone had to shout "Susan Green". Talk about odd ......

Have a good day folks, keep dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #4

Loving the Fuschia theme, but my poor plants took a battering in May and haven't recovered. One of my fave colours too.

Glad someone else has mad dreams, my are very Dali-esque somebody told me I have unresolved tension. I think it's bad digestion!

You are so clever to be able to knit Liz, I'm hopeless at all handicraft work, my sewing teacher used to despair with me- neatness always a problem with me.

Squirrel, glad it's quiet for you, the pneumatic drill did my head in yesterday and not even HALF the concrete has come up yet. Don't know where the workmen disappeared to today; came and went again. Not as if it's raining either.
Hope they will return soon and get on with it, I'm off to my mate's for the afternoon so thought I'd get away from the din- looks like I boobed!

Have a dry day, fingers crossed for a better weekend. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #5

Hi everyone, from sunny Washington. The calm before the storm, it's a lovely day, nearing 10:45, blue skies and warmed up to 28 C (82 F), nice breeze and not too humid. The hurricane is now expected to come closer to land than originally thought, so we're bracing for heavy rain and 40-60 mph winds here in the City. What a week! No news, all's quiet as usual, just a few minor chores and ordering stuff on line. Grocery order due this afternoon.

PL, I agree with the lovely little knitted mice; or perhaps a tea cosy or two? Squirrel, enjoy the peace and quiet. PP.know what you mean about the noise of drilling! There's construction work going on outside, has been almost since I moved in, and they start early in the morning.... bah! Angie, weird dream indeed,I hardly ever remember them.

Stay dry, enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #6

Afternoon all.

Work tonight and I am tired. Anyhow Mom goes off to Great Yarmouth tomorrow back Wednesday, she is using my new suitcase........a trial run for it.

Was looking at some new bedroom furniture, and have seen this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...R+WARDROBE.htm

Right colour, good name and better still ready made.

I vote, egg cosies, try really colourful ones.... that would catch my eye. My Mom knits and finds babies hats the quickest.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
26-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #7

eveing everyone, not long back from holiday so thought i would post. Hope you have all had a great week, ive had a quick look at the previous posts, soo much to catch up on!!!

Had a great time on holiday and saw lots of big cats whilst there!! will post more when we get settled in and organised. Also phoned to see if i could pick Harris and Skye up tonight but missed the cut off by half an hour so need to wait til tomorrow before i see them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #8

We (OH & I) had a lovely evening walk with Master Monty, the sun was shining, it was warm and a bit breezy in places. Saw a peregrine stooping for a small bird - peregrines are the fastest of birds and the stoop and bank that he did was just amazing to see. Luckily, the little bird was not caught. It was a great thing to see and we wondered if it was one of the Chichester Cathedral young from this season as it was very light in colouring.

Eileen - I do hope that the hurricane doesn't hit Washington or New York - you really have had a traumatic enough week.

Meant to ask - how's Leia coming on with her meds?

Welcome back Pamela - glad you had a good week away - I look forward to hearing about those big cats!

Nice looking wardrobe Kazz!