Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #1

Taupe Tuesday

morning all, long time since i started a daily.
Just back from a dog walk, both have the trots today , probably from all the nasties that they pick up from the floor.
Kwame also ate the sleeve out of my pj's last night, i was so hot that i took it off only to discover a big hole in them this morning.
Taking my eldest home now, having him for the weekend is like banging your head on a brick wall (nice when it stops )
Going to visit my friend who i'd invited for tea. Unfortunately Howard has a cold and she has a heart condition and opd, so i'm going there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #2

Re: Taupe Tuesday

Hey Shelley! Great minds, I was trying to decide between "taupe" and "turquoise"!

Very wet here this morning. Monty and OH got rather wet on their walk. Training class this evening and it's my turn to do the practice - we take it in turns - "be good" vibes for young Monty please.

I'm cleaning up the shoes that I turfed out of my wardrobe yesterday and getting them ready to go to the shoe bank. Tried online to find locations ..... not easy, probably better to just drive to various places where there are recycling bins and hope to hit on a shoe or textile one. I find this is a bit of a gaping hole in "information technology". American sites? I can find loads of info!!!

Hope you enjoy your tea with friend Shelley and hope everyone else has a good day. Stay dry if it's wet where you live.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #3

Hello all, miserable wet day here and I'm eating lunch at my desk(last night's Pasta Puttensca- sorry DM it has everything in that you hate!). My resolution to STOP eating lunch at my desk lasted until it clouded over.
Most of our supermarkets have shoe banks in their recycling areas Angie. It is frustrating not being able to double check as you can end up with bags of shes in the car for ages otherwise!
Hope the dogs recover Shelley- how BIG are they that they can eat PJs????
I'm putting all sorts of bits and pieces together as I am off to Bristol for three days tomorrow for various meetings. Looking at the forecast I think I'll pack for winter!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #4

Hi all! Sunny and still cooler than average: nearing 10:30 and only 22 C (72 F), same as yesterday, sunny and not as breezy. Wearing jeans instead of shorts for the first time since early July; legs felt too cool with the lower temp! No news, just routine chores: running carpet sweeper, paying bills.

Leia was a tad mopy this morning, didn't get up with me at breakfast, then only ate part of hers; I was worrying a bit but she's come out of it: ate fine, had her grass and played the chase- the- little- tinkly- ball game for a while, she initiated it. We do worry....

CS, hope it's not too chilly in Bristol; glad you liked the pasta, you're right, anchovies, olives and capers are on my "don't like" list! Pasta here too for dinner but spaghetti with meatballs and marinara sauce perked up a bit with some chili puree. Shelley, I've heard of wool-chewing cats but never PJ chewing dogs! that Kwame!! Angie, hope you find a shoe recycling bin, and will send "be good" vibes to Monty.

Stay dry, be good, have a nice day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #5

I just can't get warm today even though I'm wearing my fleece indoors, perhaps I need some heating on. It's usually very chilly like this in our house when there's rain on the windows, seems to suck the heat away

Early morning visit to the hospital blood test dept today as it was my turn for a fasting test and I didn't want to be hungry any longer than necessary popped into the supermarket for chicken wings for Morgan on the way back, he can have some for his tea and I'll bag the rest up and freeze them.

CS I love puttanesca but had to settle for a cheese sandwich for my lunch!
Shelley hope the dogs' trots soon improve, and Angie good vibes for tonight's class!
DM I see you're feeling the chill too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #6

Evening all! Sorry to have been away, my notebook puter has been very contrary lately and taking ages to get online then booting me off etc.

No changes in my small world, Posh is using her covered litter tray for weeing in so that's progress, still going out to poo.

Busy with my swimming and Curves regime, working hard now as only 28 days to my holiday

I feel autumnal too Mrs H despite a sunny day here, I'm in long sleeve cotton tops, have been eating more hot food too, salads are just not satisfying trying to keep from comfort food tho.

See you again tomorrow, if this thing is willing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #7

Right all off to work shortly, see you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #8

CS the dogs are small but with big naughty personalities and jaws. Kwame chewed a big round hole in the back of my fleece a couple of months ago, Last night he chewed a big hole in the arm of my PJ's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
23-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #9

evening all, oh what norty doggies shelley!! i just have the rats chewing holes in my stuff. hope your blood test went well mrs h, i hate getting blood taken, but dont mind donating it as much!

just another working day here, quite dull and a bit of a nip in the air.