Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #11

Re: Mauve Monday

Oh how disappointing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh how disappointing!
we will have to go when we get back from Scotland, we are off again soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
22-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Me too also, lynz!

Hi people! Sunny and cool this morning after yesterday's torrential downpour and violent t'storm in the afternoon as the cool front came thru. Its almost 10:45 am and only 22 C (72 F), much below average! Won't get back to normal till Thursday. No news, all's quiet as usual; just out for grass and down the hall to the greenhouse to check on my surplus plants.

Angie, hope the little guy is OK today. Emma, nice to see you back, how are the cats, and what are you doing to the loft? MrsH, you're really using your new breadmaker, aren't you? Shelley, apparently showing is addictive, at least my friends who did told me!

Hope it's a lovely sunny day for all!
Hi Elieen,

Cats are good

We currently live in a two bedroomed bungalow, and we are having a large extension and loft conversation that will also cover the new extension, we will then be 4 bedrooms, large lounge, sitting room, larger kitchen and dining room, and three bathrooms (we currently have one )

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #14

Oh wow, sounds like a big, long, expensive, noisy and disrupting interval, but will be worth it when all done. How long do the contractors estimate it will take? Ready by Christmas? I imagine Bronwyn and Arthur aren't too happy .....??

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Oh wow, sounds like a big, long, expensive, noisy and disrupting interval, but will be worth it when all done. How long do the contractors estimate it will take? Ready by Christmas? I imagine Bronwyn and Arthur aren't too happy .....??
Lol yes it is big, fairly expensive (new kitchen, bathroom, flooring,skirting, windows, doors and coving and fully decorated) it is going to take 12 weeks and we will move out after a month as every room gets changed one way or another. work hopefully will start 1st November and we will move back in 1st February Definately worth it as we would still need to do a lot of decorating even without the building work

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #16

Where will you be staying, can you take the cats?

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #17

We will rent for the two months and yes the cats are coming with us

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #18

That will be odd spending Christmas away, I'd think; but what a lovely house when it's all finished. We need some before/after pics, methinks!

Catsey Veteran

22-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #19

Yes very strange spending Christmas away from home, but it will be well worth it, I will make sure we take loads of photos, also I should have mentioned that we are raising the roof, so that the loft conversion is quite spacious (new roof!) it will be like having a brand new home!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #20

sounds good Emma. Our bungalow was two bedrooms. Howard did the conversion, we now have 3 rooms upstairs and quite a big landing.