Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #11

Re: Eye test and glasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Eileen do you get free eye tests etc in the USA...everyone over 60 here gets them and under 19's
I wish!!! No,unfortunately, but Medicare (program for seniors) pays 80% of the allowable charge and my medigap insurance covers the difference. All I pay is the $100.00 deductible per year. Would have cost thousands for both cataract surgeries.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #12

Yes- get a test.
You'll probably be amazed at the sharpness of sight even very low power specs will give back. It's a sad fact of life that our eyes deteriorate over time.

I'm really pleased with my 'wear all the time, day and night, for a month, then throw away' lenses. Much easier than fiddling around with either daily disposables or specs, but everyone choses what's best for themselves.

One drawback of having the lenses in constantly - the wrinkles are there as soon as you wake and look in the mirror. With daily lenses you have beautiful smooth skin until you put them in!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #13

I've had glasses for last 5 years. Couldn't believe the difference. Now have varifocals as I need for both sight and reading.

Also had contacts for while but never quite got on with them. May try again at some point.

If you do need them you will find everything looks brighter and clearer.

Go get them checked.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Yes- get a test.
You'll probably be amazed at the sharpness of sight even very low power specs will give back. It's a sad fact of life that our eyes deteriorate over time.

I'm really pleased with my 'wear all the time, day and night, for a month, then throw away' lenses. Much easier than fiddling around with either daily disposables or specs, but everyone choses what's best for themselves.

One drawback of having the lenses in constantly - the wrinkles are there as soon as you wake and look in the mirror. With daily lenses you have beautiful smooth skin until you put them in!
That made me really laugh: I had been using a new face cream that I thought was absolutely wonderful at removing my wrinkles, recommended it to all my friends....after I had cataract surgery and my vision was sharp again, guess what? Yep, those wrinkles were still there! The staff in my eye doctors office got a good laugh at that one...