Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #1

Eye test and glasses?

Hiya all.

After taking Mom and Dad for their glasses today I think I may get my eyes tested never had them tested previously.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #2

Re: Eye test and glasses?

I've worn specs/ contacts since I was 11 Kazz, I remeber my mother taking me to an optician for the first time. No-one knew how bad my eyes were, I'd always compensated. Mam choked up, I put on my specs and I told her that I could see that she had freckles! ahhhh,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #3

Oh PP - that's so touching

It's amazing how you don't notice your eyesight deteriorating. I fought glasses for a long time, and gave in at about 22. Then switched to contacts when I was about 30. It was as if someone had given the world a really good wash - everything was brilliantly clear If you do need glasses/contacts you will SO notice the difference!

Catsey Veteran

23-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #4

Well I'll book tomorrow and then see just wondering actually if I do need them not noticed but then I imagine it would be gradual the decline....so worth checking I think.

Catsey Veteran

23-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
I've worn specs/ contacts since I was 11 Kazz, I remeber my mother taking me to an optician for the first time. No-one knew how bad my eyes were, I'd always compensated. Mam choked up, I put on my specs and I told her that I could see that she had freckles! ahhhh,

Thats like my nephew Lew he had his first pair at 5 and looked like Milky Bar kid still does.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
23-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #6

Kazz - you are just like me I've never had an eye test & with my Dad having Glaucoma & my Mom having pressure on her eyes, I really should. I am even entitled to a free eye test through work, so I don't need to pay for it, but still never manage to get it done.
I will do it next week.

Catsey Veteran

23-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #7

Thats what is sad here too Kel I am entitled to free from work................*holds head in shame*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #8

I was six when I got glasses. I was a bright kid and read long before school, parents
didn't understand why I did poorly in first grade. Turn out I was so nearsighted I couldn't read what was on the blackboard...just blurry. I couldn't believe how incredibly sharp everything was after getting glasses...for the first time I realized that trees actually had leaves, not just a green blur up above......I see my eye doctor annually, appoinment on November 4th. Go for it, Kazz! And you too, Smudgley!

Catsey Veteran

23-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #9

Eileen do you get free eye tests etc in the USA...everyone over 60 here gets them and under 19's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #10

I had my first pair of specs aged 7! I looked like a young version of Edna Everage - glasses in the late 50's were horrid! I've tried contact lenses X3 times, with not much luck (hated getting them out) so I'm still with the specs!

Yes Kazz - you MUST get your eyes tested! There are all sorts of magazines that give you vouchers for free eye tests. Look out for one - or PM me and I'll look out for them too! And you too, Smudgley. Sight is SO VALUABLE.