Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #1

Dear God! Give me Strength!!!

G is doing my head in!!! Why is it that when you ask them to do anything it becomes a major issue . All I said was, "you haven't made fish pie in ages" (he makes a lovely fish pie). That was when i came back from the vets yesterday and was off out to buy some fish for the cats.
Now for the last half hour he has been rumaging through cupboards and the fridge, given me a shopping list and wont stop talking about how long it will take him etc Its not even lunch time and we are talking about dinner
He just wont shut up, telling me the best sauces and how to make them, what vegatables should accompany the pie and how they should be cooked, cooking times, my head is going to explode I only went into the kitchen to make a coffee
Yesterday it was a full blown lecture on mushrooms as I was cleaning up poo, calling the vet and trying to clean Eva up. Following me from room to room telling me why the fly amalgum mushroom was called that, what seasons to find particular mushrooms, where they grow, how they grow, all the uses, poisonous or not. He doesnt even stop when you are on the phone
Please some one find me and the cats a nice quiet padded cell for the day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #2

Re: Dear God! Give me Strength!!!

Just to let you know that my kids are in their bedrooms watching tv, and my OH is out at his mates. Bliss here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #3

Tell him to get an aviary I never see my OH ... always with other birds ( feathered variety )
Rule 1. A man should always have a shed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #4

Tell him to work away, my hubby has gone, the kids are both working, lovely and quiet here!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #5

Typical male! They do so love to make a big project of things, don't they! All because you mentioned fish pie....

I would have enjoyed the mushroom talk though, something I;m interested in!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #6

I do wish my OH would just 'chat' at me. All I get is lectures or work-related discussions. It seems that anything other than a major crisis is just chit-chat and far below him.

Just go for a walk if it gets too much I've got my little i-Pod thing now so I switch it on and do some floor exercises. That soon has him scuttling off to another room

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #7

Eileen, Yola, am packing his bags as we speak so that he can come visit you all for a very long chat.
His mother came round today, I asked her to please take him home with her, she said NO!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
07-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #8

I simperthise with you. My OH the same she used to be a chef and loves to cook. She uses every single pan in the house puts every different food in individual dishes and then moans about that no one ever does the cooking but her. At least now its not to bad i have a dishwasher best invention in the world, couldnt be without one now.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
07-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #9

my OH did chef training, enough to make lots of mess when cooking, he used to have gofers to clear up now its just poor me LOL and we only have a small kitchen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #10

I sympathise also Elaine - my OH is having a phase of telling me I don't answer him quickly enough - let alone having any time to think of a decent answer. Cats are so much more well, comfortable!