Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #11

Re: OH problems again

I've never been in a relationship with a controlling person, but Jac and Donna have; listen to what they say, please.....you do not, and haven't for a long while, sound happy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #12

Other than that sit down and write out what you want to change and what you want to do and what makes you happy....and unhappy then work out if there is a common denominator and if there is what can you do about it.....then try going out for a drink...???somewhere and explaining you are unhappy or want to do things..without having to get persmission....you may find your OH is in a similar frame of mind....and all you need to do is air the feelings...and maybe relationship councilling could work...?

Above all remember why you got together and you may be able to step into a different "chapter of the relationship" one each of you is happy with.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #13

As always, very sound, well thought out advice from Kazz.........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #14

I have nothing more to add to what others have said other than, I wish you all the very best, what ever the outcome. Dont let life and love pass you by xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #15

Jane, can I ask . . . are you an impetuous type? Will you see something and just go and get it/do it/say it, regardless? Because I'm like that and it frustrates the heck out of my OH because he's always having to put the brakes on me. Not just in the case of spending (mostly) but also due to my rather gobby tendencies

Is your OH trying to temper that by 'putting the brakes on' and are you misinterpreting it as 'control'?

It's just a thought and not a criticism . . . I'm really using myself as a yardstick and putting it forward as a suggestion.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #16

Good point there Yola......I do that I think Oh I'll have that then when I think about it not such a good idea....I learnt to brake myself

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
....I learnt to brake myself
Good on you Karen. I haven't yet . . . and probably won't