Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #41

Re: Got to go into hospital....

So glad you are relatively pain free Charlie - you must feel tons better. Hope it lasts as long as possible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
24-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #42

Really good news Charlie, you must be so relieved! Hope it lasts a good long while

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
24-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Charlie that's great. I'm really pleased. When you go next week ask how many times you can get the steroids.
I personally can only get it three times. I've had two and saving the last one for the winter (when I'm at my worst)
Mine lasted about three months but some people can get 6 months out them. Good luck and remember I have veet . Jokes aside, I developed a moustache no kidding. It came in really dark Hence the stash of veet.
Does it get worse in the winter? That's interesting.

I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many times I can get them, not financially anyway as I have private health care through work. Unless there is a limit for health reasons, which I suppose there could be!?!?! I'll def ask him - thanks for the tip.

I have been reading on the net about the procedure I had and it seems that the majority of people get 6-8 months benefit from the steroids before the pain returns.

I was warned about the possibility of facial hair, but, touch-wood - I haven't grown any...............yet!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #44

Woo hoo, Charlie, I'm so pleased, that's great news!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #45

Great news Charlie....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
24-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
Does it get worse in the winter? That's interesting.

I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many times I can get them, not financially anyway as I have private health care through work. Unless there is a limit for health reasons, which I suppose there could be!?!?! I'll def ask him - thanks for the tip.

I have been reading on the net about the procedure I had and it seems that the majority of people get 6-8 months benefit from the steroids before the pain returns.

I was warned about the possibility of facial hair, but, touch-wood - I haven't grown any...............yet!!!!!
I was told It was a massive amount of steroids and he was only to give me three injections a year. Unfortunately mine only lasted about 4 months and remember I was getting double one at each side. Yes I gained weight and got a little hairier but the relief was great.
Good luck Charlie long may you be pain free