Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #41

Re: Gym, Exercise and diets :)

Power plates are a vibrating platform you do static or dynamic moves on they tone muscle and improve bone density. More details here http://uk.powerplate.com/en/

I am managing between 30 mins and 60 mins cardio each gym visit, and going circuit series resistance and free weights, trying to cut down on length of my cardio but increase the intensity.

Good to hear you are attending the classes Yola, something I have yet to built up the courage to attend yet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #42

Hmmm. That's an interesting looking thing Emma! I can see how the concept works. May have to pop along to David Lloyd for a sneaky 'trial' session to see how it works in reality WIll email Fitness First though to see if they have any plans to introduce them. I imagine they're quite popular; does your gym have many installed?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #43

Although we have quite a large gym we only have two of the power plates, they are normally always free when I go during the week, (usually around 4.30 - 5pm ) I had to wait for them today but that wasn't a problem.